July 17, 2002
<sh>Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
On Wednesday, May 29, a suspect entered a residence on the 12500 block of Palantine Court in Potomac by entering an unlocked vehicle in front of the house and using a garage door opener to enter the garage, according to police reports. The suspect then entered the house through an unlocked door from the garage. Once inside, suspects stole a cell phone with cash and credit cards inside, according to police. One of the stolen credit cards was used at a nearby gas station hours after the burglary.
On July 3, police arrested one of the suspects — Warren Callahan III, 29, of the unit block of Big Acre Court in Gaithersburg — and charged him with two counts of burglary, two counts of theft over $500 and one count of fraudulently signing a credit card. Callahan, who is also a suspect of a burglary on June 17 of a residence on the 12700 block of Greenbriar Road in Potomac, is being held without bond in the Montgomery County Detention Center.
Investigators continue to determine the identity of another suspect. He is described to be a 20-year-old male, of Hispanic descent, approximately 5-foot-7 and weighing 140-155 pounds. He was wearing a white tank top shirt, baggy blue jeans and dark tennis shoes, according to police.
<sh>Caught on Camera
<bt>Police seek assistance in identifying a suspect involved in a strong-arm robbery at White Flint Mall.
While exiting her vehicle at approximately 3:30 p.m. in a parking garage of White Flint Mall on June 12, a 76-year-old Bethesda woman was approached by a suspect who grabbed her purse, according to police. The same day, at approximately 4:30 p.m., police say that the suspect was captured on a security video at the Hecht store at Montgomery Mall. He is described as a white male, 18-22 years old, five-foot-seven tall, having short hair, a thin build, and dark bushy eyebrows.
Anyone with information is asked to call detective Lee Wiley at 301-657-0122 or Crime Solvers of Montgomery County at 1-800-673-2777.
<bt>According to police reports:
* Burglars removed currency and a purse from a vehicle inside a garage of a house on the unit block of Tuckahoe Court in Potomac at 3 a.m. on July 10.
* Golf clubs were taken from an open garage of a house on the 9400 block of Wing Foot Court in Potomac between 5 p.m. on June 23 and 3 p.m. on June 27.
* Electrical items were stolen from the garage of a house on the 11500 block of Twining Lane in Potomac between 3 p.m. on June 23 and 2 p.m. on July 6.
* Bicycles were taken from a garage at a home located in the 11100 block of Lamplighter Lane in Potomac between 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. on July 10.
* Jewelry was taken from a home in the 15500 block of Peach Leaf Lane in Potomac between 4 p.m. on July 3 and 11:30 p.m. on July 13. Entry was unknown.