<lst>Send your business notes to Centre View, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, or fax items to 703-917-0991. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
<lst>F. Gary Garczynski of Clifton was appointed by Gov. Mark R. Warner to the Virginia Housing Study Commission. Garczynski is the president of National Capital Land & Development Inc. and National Capital Homes, Inc.
Simbo Egbue of Beloved Children in Centreville has been named as a new independent registered agent of Child Shield U.S.A., a national organization dedicated to the safety of America's children. Child Shield U.S.A. provides assistance in disseminating information about missing children. Contact Simbo Egbue at 703-615-3533
The Mid-Atlantic Division of Centex Construction Company in Fairfax provides general contracting, at-risk construction management, design-build and preconstruction services. The company announces the following additions.
* Jack Eckstrom joins Centex as a quality control manager and is currently working on the Mark O. Hatfield Clinical Research Center project at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda.
* Chris Hartzler rejoins Centex as an assistant project manager and is currently working on the E. Barret Prettyman Courthouse Annex and Renovation in Washington, D.C.
* Charles Hilliard joins Centex as a superintendent and is currently supporting the preconstruction group and working on the Union Center Plaza Phase V corporate office building in Washington, D.C.
* Shane Omar joins Centex as a senior estimator. He brings more than six years of construction experience, including the Good Samaritan Hospital Emergency Department Expansion in Baltimore.
* Raman Patel joins Centex as a superintendent on the E. Barrett Prettyman Courthouse Annex and Renovation in Washington, D.C.
* Joanna Tuyahov joins Centex as manager of training and development. In this role, Tuyahov is responsible for expanding and specializing Centex’s training and employee development programs, as well as developing new educational opportunities in the classroom and on the job.
* Scott Vossler joins Centex as a senior project manager and is currently working on the Mark O. Hatfield Clinical Research Center project at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda.
William B. Robbins of Centreville was recently awarded the Pillar Award from the American Medical Technologists at the organization's 64th national convention held in Burlington, VT, in June. The Pillar Award is given to members of the association who have worked faithfully in their AMT state societies and have compiled a long track record of service.
Bill Thyen of Centreville recently took over as the new State Farm Agent in the Newgate Shopping Center on Lee Highway in Centreville. Thyen is working on obtaining his Certified Financial Planner designation in order to add that to his Property & Casualty business. Call (703) 631-1655.