The Weichert Family of Companies shattered its all-time annual dollar volume record in 2002, posting $42.5 billion in total company volume, up from $37.1 billion in 2001.
"Today's customer is looking for top-notch service and we pride ourselves on offering them the best service possible," said Weichert. "As a result, we have seen increases in sales and activity across our entire family of companies."
Three Northern Virginia area Realtors have been inducted into the Omega Tau Rho Fraternity (OTR) by the Virginia Association of Realtors (VAR) in recognition of their leadership skills. All received the Medallion of Service during the recent VAR Legislative and Education Conference. They are:
* Bonnie Kyte of Re/Max Choice in Fairfax;
* Patricia Buck of McEnearney Associates Inc. in McLean;
* Esther Pryor of Avery Hess Realtors in Vienna.
Created in 1950, the honorary fraternity of OTR has been awarded by state and local Associations of Realtors to members who meet specific criteria. Once a medallion is awarded, the recipient is a member for life and does not receive the award again.
Long & Foster, Realtors announces its top sales associates for the month of January:
* Burke / Fairfax Station: Dale Gabardy, manager of the Burke / Fairfax Station Long & Foster office, announced Ashley Leigh as the top producer, top lister, top seller and the agent with the most new listings with a sales volume of $6,137,800.
* Centreville: Pat Lawless, manager of the Centreville Long & Foster office, announced Rajiv Vahist as the top producer and the top seller with a sales volume of $2,436,290; and Denise Kempton as top lister.
* Clifton: Dale Gabardy, manager of the Clifton Long & Foster office, announced Carver/Callis as the top producers, top listers, top sellers and the agents with the most new listings with a sales volume of $2,405,000.
* Fairfax: Frank Lee, manager of the Fairfax Long & Foster office, announced Debbie Dogrul as the top producer, top lister, top seller and the agent with the most new listings with a sales volume of $3,961,768.
* Fair Oaks: Val August, manager of the Fair Oaks Long & Foster office, announced Ron Rush, CRS as top producer, top lister, top seller and the agent with the most new listings with a sales volume of $13,266,405.
Weichert, Realtors' Centreville/Clifton office is offering career seminars every Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Weichert's Centreville/Clifton office, located at 5955 Centreville Crest Lane. Attendees will learn about the real estate profession focusing on license requirements, training and mentor programs. Call Ray Powers at 703-803-1000.
Long & Foster Real Estate is announcing that the Long & Foster $125,000 Scholarship Program will end its search for well-rounded graduating high school seniors entering an accredited four-year college or university on March 3, 2003. All applications must be received by the deadline date of March 3, in order for the selection committee, comprised of local members of academia, to select the final scholarship winners by spring 2003.
The Long & Foster Scholarship Program will award $1,000 to each of 125 worthy recipients throughout the five-state region for the 2003-2004 academic year. The monetary scholarship award will be made payable directly to the college or university in the student's name. Once the winners have been selected the scholarships will be awarded beginning May 1, 2003.
Applications for the Long & Foster Scholarship Program can be obtained from any of Long & Foster's nearly 200 residential sales offices located throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, from high school guidance counselors, via Long & Foster's Web Site at http://www.longandfoster.com/scholarship or by calling 1-703-359-1750.
A hard copy of the application and the required attachments must be mailed to Long & Foster Corporate Headquarters by March 3, 2003, at the following address: Long & Foster Scholarship Program, c/o Corporate Marketing Department, Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc., 11351 Random Hills Road, Fairfax, VA 22030-6082, Attn: Colleen Park.
Virginia REALTORS has launched a new Web site at www.VARealtor.com. It provides information for brokers, agents, specialty practitioners, association leaders and local Realtor associations. There is also a marketplace area for links to home buying- or selling-related services, and a news area with statistics on home sales for the state. The site includes information for foreign-language-speaking Realtors, properties for sale and rent, a directory of Realtors and commercial property information.