With the announcement Tuesday that the Town of Herndon has signed a contract, which can be canceled before Dec. 23, for an office building at 397 Herndon Parkway to serve as the new police station, the capital improvements plan (CIP) will have to be juggled, including pushing back the final phase of expansion for the Community Center. Below is a list of upcoming key dates, all meeting are held at 765 Lynn St.
* Nov. 17, 7 p.m., Planning Commission work session to discuss the conformance of the proposed new police station with the comprehensive plan and possible changes to the CIP.
* Nov. 25, 7:30 p.m., Town Council public hearing on the consideration and adoption of a $8.5 million bond issue for the purchase and renovation of the new police station. The Community Center was dropped from the bond.
* Dec. 1, 7:30 p.m., Planning Commission public hearing on the conformance of the police station with the comprehensive plan and possible changes to the CIP.
* Dec. 2, 7:30 p.m., Town Council work session to discuss the Planning Commission's recommendations.
* Dec. 9, 7:30 p.m., Town Council public hearing on the purchase of the office building for the new police station and suggested changes to the CIP.
* Dec. 23, the Town must accept or cancel the purchase contract.
* Feb. 9, 2004, the earliest possible date for settlement on the new police station.