Darryl B. Keating has been hired as a staff engineer in the Geotechnical Department in the Dulles office of Burgess & Niple. In this position, he is responsible for the coordination of day-to-day construction testing and drilling operations. Keating has seven years of experience in geotechnical engineering, material testing, construction inspections and technical support for residential, transportation, municipal and commercial projects in Virginia and West Virginia. His areas of expertise encompass roadway construction, soil subgrade stabilization and improvement and commercial and industrial building construction. Keating graduated with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from the memorial University of Newfoundland in 1995.
A BNI Referral Networking meeting takes place every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Centreville Lonestar Steakhouse off Route 29 in the Centreville Square Shopping Center. Contact Chris Allen at 703-653-8946.
R.W. Murray Co. of Chantilly has been selected to complete several child care and preschool projects throughout Prince William County; demonstrating the region's growth and change in demographics.
Winwood Children's Center is constructing a 9,000-square-foot facility in Gainesville. The anticipated completion date is December of 2003. This is the fourth childcare center and preschool in the Northern Virginia area owned and managed by Winwood.
News from Scott-Long Construction Inc. of Chantilly:
* Completed the Ainslie Arts Center, an 18,000 SF renovation of an existing auditorium and a 20,000 SF addition at Episcopal High School in Alexandria.
* Awarded the construction contract for the Elliott House renovation and addition in Alexandria. The Elliott House is part of the Old Presbyterian Meeting House.
* Awarded the construction management contract for Reston Association's Walker Nature Education Center.
* Completed a system of upgrades and repairs at Episcopal High School Evans Dormitory in Alexandria.
* Awarded the contract for the Food Service Renovation, Phase 2 project at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
* Awarded the Obstetrics Suite, 3rd Floor, Original Building project at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
* Completed Phase 1 of the Trinity Christian School of Fairfax Campus located on Braddock Road.