* Monday, Oct. 13, 11 a.m.: The Monster Revue, variety show performed with marionettes, hand and rod puppets. Phoenix 9 Theatre at the Worldgate Centre, $5 at the door.
* Monday, Oct. 13, 2-3 p.m.: Grrreat Animal Tales by regional storyteller Gary Lloyd. Frying Pan Park, 2709 West Ox Road, free.
* Tuesday, Oct. 14, 7:30 p.m.: John McCutheon, a five-time Grammy nominee, presented by the Reston Herndon Folk Club and the Council for the Arts of Herndon. Tortilla Factory, 648 Elden St., $15.
* Wednesday, Oct. 15, 7-9 p.m.: Arts reception and a taping of "Chef Willi's Corner," presented by the Council for the Arts and HCTV Channel 23. Hyatt Dulles, 2300 Dulles Corner Blvd., free refreshments, cash bar. RSVP, call 703-689-9535.
* Thursday, Oct. 16, 7 p.m.: Annual Wine Tasting Dinner, five course Italian cuisine dinner along with five different wines. Cantina D'Italia, 150 Elden St., $50 for Council for the Arts of Herndon members, $55 for nonmembers. Reservations, call 703-689-9535.
* Friday, Oct. 17, 9 p.m.-midnight: Entertainment provided by local artists. Sylvania's Restaurant, 785 Station St. For more information, call 703-471-7878.
* Saturday, Oct. 18, 2-5 p.m.: "Imagine '06" kickoff reception, including performers, light refreshments, cash bar and gallery showing. Throughout the afternoon, local artist, Pat Macintyre, will supervise the painting of a mural that will wrap around the building and everyone is invited to participate in painting the mural.