Centreville Volunteer Fire Department
5856 Old Centreville Road
Centreville, VA 20121
<bt>* Noon: Memorial Service in remembrance of New York City firefighters lost on Sept. 11, 2001. The service will be led by Volunteer Fire Department Chaplain Jerry Foltz. Volunteer Fire Department Chief Pete Kirby will also speak.
* 12:45 - 1:15 p.m.: Engine 417 will arrive at the station with lights flashing and sirens blaring. Volunteer and career staff will provide an exciting demonstration of methods used to extract victims from crashed automobiles.
* 1-3 p.m.: Children's' Scavenger Hunt: children will be able to see some areas of the Fire Station as they complete their search. Prizes will be awarded.
* Turn-out Gear Demonstration: Volunteer and career firefighters will don their protective clothing and equipment and then navigate a maze to rescue a baby — all while blindfolded. This is a dramatic yet fun way to show what firefighters are trained and prepared to do.
* Hose Target Game: Participants will be able to experience the power of a "charged" hose line as they attempt to knock down various targets.
* Bike Safety: Volunteers will be on hand to inspect bikes for any safety defects. A short riding course will also be set up to provide safe riding tips.
* Historical Display: Photos highlighting the 53-year history of the Volunteer Fire Department will be on display throughout the afternoon.
* Membership Table: Stop by to learn the many ways to become involved and support your Volunteer Fire Department.
* Firehouse Food: There's nothing better than firehouse food. The Ladies Auxiliary will be selling hot dogs, BBQ, potato salad and coleslaw throughout the afternoon.