Local orthodontist Dr. William E. Crutchfield II was installed as President-Elect of the Virginia Association of Orthodontists. VAO is a non-profit organization of 243 orthodontists in Virginia. Dr. Crutchfield is also a member of the Southern Association of Orthodontists, the American Association of Orthodontists, the American Dental Association and the Virginia Dental Association. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics. Dr. Crutchfield received both his dental and orthodontic education from the Medical College of Virginia. He opened his orthodontic practice in Chantilly in 1987.
<mh>Herndon Dulles Chamber Events:
<lst>The December Mixer of the Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce will be held Thursday, Dec. 16 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at St. Joseph's Events Hall, 750 Peachtree St., Herndon (near Vine and Peachtree intersection). Some 22 non-profit organizations that serve Northern Virginia will be displaying information about their groups.
* Better Business Luncheon — Tuesday, Jan. 11, noon, at Sheraton Reston, 11810 Sunrise Valley Dr. Dine on a buffet while listening to a program on marketing strategy and research presented by Danny Vargas, VARcom Solutions. Register in advance by Friday, Jan. 7, to realize a $5 prepayment discount. Cost is $25 at the door for members and non-members. Contact 703-437-5556, ext. 100.
* Chairman’s Luncheon — Tuesday, Jan. 18, 11:30 a.m., at Hyatt Dulles. Chairman’s Luncheon and annual membership meeting and installation of officers for 2005. Cost is $40 per person. Reserve by the 11th. Register online at www.herndondulleschamber.org (Events page) or Contact Bev O’Brien for more information 703-437-5556, ext. 103
* Chamber 101 — Wednesday, Jan. 19, noon, at ITT Technical Institute, 14420 Albemarle Point Place, Suite 100, Chantilly. This monthly seminar teaches how to use Chamber events and programs most effectively. It includes a free lunch and networking with 25-30 other businesses (bring business cards!). Free, but pre-register with Membership Manger Ellen Kaminsky 703-437-5556, ext. 102, e-mail membership@HerndonDullesChamber.org.
* Monthly Mixer — Thursday, Jan. 20, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Hawthorne Suites, 467 Herndon Pkwy. (near intersection with Spring St.). Don't bother to travel to D.C. for Inauguration partying, have a celebration in Herndon at the Chamber Mixer instead! Rates: $10 members/$15 non-members at the door. RSVP and info: 703-437-5556, ext. 100.
* Networking Breakfast in Chantilly — Thursday, Jan., 27, 8 a.m., Holiday Inn Select-Dulles Expo Center. Networking Breakfast. Speaker Thomas V. Luhn, CPA, a principal at Bond Beebe, will discuss, "Why Every Small Business Needs to Plan." The program also features an organized "Power Networking" segment. RSVP to 703-437-5556, ext. 100, or sign up on-line. Rates: $15 members/$20 non-members who prepay 48 hours in advance; otherwise $20 at the door for all. All welcome.
* Saturday, Feb. 5, from 6:30 to midnight. Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Gala, at Westfields Marriott, Conference Center Drive, Chantilly. Black tie (optional). More information available by contacting the Chamber at 703-437-5556, ext. 103.
* Better Business Luncheon — Tuesday, Feb. 8, noon, at Sheraton Reston, 11810 Sunrise Valley Drive. Introduce your business to potential clients and partners, enjoy a buffet lunch and listen to guest speaker Maureen Woods, owner of Pinnacle MC, who will talk about marketing tools. Register in advance by Friday to realize a $5 prepayment discount. Contact 703-437-5556, ext. 100.
Karen Fulkerson of Clifton was promoted to Team Manager by Tastefully Simple Inc., a national direct sales company selling upscale, convenience-driven gourmet foods and gifts. As a Team Manager and independent business owner, Fulkerson has successfully sponsored six consultants who market Tastefully Simple products at home taste-testing parties. At the parties, guests receive easy meal ideas, recipes and entertainment suggestions. In return for training and supporting these new consultants, Fulkerson earns monthly leadership checks from Tastefully Simple based on the team's wholesale volume.
The Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for 2004 business awards. This is an opportunity for every business in the community to consider nominating a fellow business or one's own for possible recognition at the Chamber's annual Awards Gala, which takes place Saturday, Feb. 5, at the Westfields Marriott. Last year's winners included: New Business: For Health and Balance; Small Office/Home Office: Welcome Home; Mid-Sized Business: Chick-Fil-A, Chantilly; Large Business: Reston Limousine; and Business Citizens: Tom and Betsy Grein, The Observer Newspapers. To obtain a nomination form, visit the Web site at www.herndondulleschamber.org. Send your nominations to Herndon Dulles Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 327, Herndon, VA 20172; or fax them to 703-787-8859.
A Business Networks International (BNI) Referral Networking meeting takes place every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Centreville Lonestar Steakhouse off Route 29 in the Centreville Square Shopping Center. Contact Chris Allen at 703-653-8946.
Three principals of Homes, Lowry, Horn & Johnson, Ltd., a certified public accounting firm located in Fairfax, have won the title of Super CPA within their profession. The Virginia Society of CPAs partnered with Virginia Business magazine to develop a list of Super CPAs to highlight Virginia's top certified public accountants for their contributions to the CPA profession and the prosperity of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Virginia Business sent a ballot to more than 5,300 Virginia CPAs asking them to identify the names of peers they considered to be the best at their craft. Members were nominated in 10 different categories of professional service areas. The November 2004 issue of Virginia Business magazine will highlight the winners.
Scott-Long Construction Inc. has been awarded the construction contract for the Inova Healthplex MRI Suite. The project was competitively bid and was awarded based on project approach, experience with this type of construction and cost. The work will include relocation of an existing darkroom within the existing and operating radiology department. The renovation encompasses approximately 2,000 sf of existing radiology space to advanced technology MRI Suite and Control Room.