<bt>* A caption for a photo on page 42 of the Oct. 28 issue of the Gazette misidentified the person in it. Becky Keller performed at Laura Lynam's memorial service.
* Duncan Branch Library's phone number is 703-838-4566. It was incorrectly listed in last week's Gazette.
For Red Cross
<bt>Alexandria Red Cross Restaurant Night, hosted by Potowmack Landing Restaurant, is scheduled for Wednesday,
Nov. 10, from 5 p.m.- close. Potowmack Landing is located at Washington Sailing Marina, One Marina Drive, Alexandria. For reservations call 703-548-0001.
This evening only, Potowmack Landing will donate 25 percent of the customer's food and beverage bill to help support the programs and services of the Alexandria Red Cross.
Overlooking the Potomac River and the monuments of Washington, D.C., Potowmack Landing Restaurant, a contemporary American fish house, offers distinctive menus created exclusively for each season by award-winning chef
Duane Keller. For more details on the menu and Chef Keller, visit www.potowmacklanding.com.
Due Nov. 15
<bt>Payment of the second half 2004 real estate tax and refuse fee must be received by the city or postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service no later than Nov. 15 to avoid late payment penalty and interest charges. Alexandria residents have four options to pay: mail, walk-in, touch-tone phone or the Internet.
* Mail check or money order to: Treasury Division, City Hall, 301 King St., Room 1510, Alexandria, VA 22314.
* Pay in person at City Hall. Payments are accepted Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., except holiday weekends. Personal checks, money orders and Discover card are accepted. A service fee of $5 to $48 will be assessed on all Discover card transactions.
* Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover credit card payments can be made by calling 1-800-2-PAY-TAX. Enter jurisdiction code 1007 when prompted. A convenience fee applies.
* Credit card payments can also be made at the city’s Web site, www.alexandriava.gov or residents can pay electronically using eCheck at no additional cost.
Call the Treasury Division at 703-838-4777.