* Clifton Chapter of the Red Hat Society is part of an organization with 25,000 chapters worldwide. Members are age 50 and older and meet monthly just to socialize and have fun. They go on outings and day trips, meet for lunch and tea. The group is currently closed to new members. Call 703-250-7554.
* The Town of Clifton Beautification Committee — Meets at the Clifton Caboose for assignments. For questions, call Jennifer Chesley at 703-830-2129 or Lynne Garvey Wark at 703-322-1811.
* Clifton Town Council — meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at the Clifton Town Meeting Hall, 12641 Chapel Road. Call Mayor Jim Chesley at 703-830-2129.
* Clifton Planning Commission — meets the last Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in the Clifton's old town hall. Call chairman Taya Abbott at 703-222-5955.
* Architectural Review Board — An organization that approves structural and cosmetic changes to houses, fences and other out-buildings to maintain the historic flavor of the town. Homeowners must submit an application to the board before a building permit will be issued. Meets the fourth Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at the Clifton Town Hall. Call Royce Jarrendt at 703-266-0767.
* Clifton Betterment Association — meets four times a year to maintain the historical integrity of Clifton by sponsoring Clifton Day, the Fourth of July party, Clifton 5K Caboose Run, charity events and by working to preserve the green space around town. It also publishes a directory and quarterly newsletter, The Clifton Clatter. Call editor Lane Johnston, at 703-222-9872 or check out the Web site at www.cliftonva.org. The president of CBA is Michelle Stein, 703-830-4908
* Clifton Community Woman's Club — a service organization that is open to residents of the Clifton community and surrounding areas. Meetings are the first Thursday of the month. The 9 a.m. meetings are at the Fairfax Station Museum and the 7:30 p.m. meetings are at members' homes. Call President Sandy Berthelson at 703-222-6126 at or Membership Chairman Sharon Gottlieb at 703-426-0910.
* Clifton Community Woman's Club Homes Tour — takes place the third Thursday in May from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The club selects five houses in the area for touring and then sells tickets for the event. All the money that is made goes to charity. The club also funds four scholarships for students headed to GMU and NOVA. The club also holds a Silent Auction and a Boutique of hand-crafted items. Call Diane Smith at 703-830-3418.
* Northern Virginia Women’s Club — The Northern Virginia Women’s Club is a group of friendly, mature women who play bridge, have monthly luncheon meetings, and a fund-raiser auction. The club meets the second Thursday of every month at the Country Club of Fairfax. Call June Perera at 703-803-9411 for information.
* Clifton Lions Club — meets the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 7 p.m. in the Fairfax Station Railroad Museum on Fairfax Station Road. This group contributes funds raised by charity events to organizations helping the blind and hearing-impaired. It also holds an annual pancake breakfast and sponsors a fund-raising, vintage-motorcycle show and several other local fund-raisers. Clifton Lions Club president is Jim Chesley. For more information, call membership chairman Gary Reed at 703-815-1042.
* Cemetery Association — The organization manages the grounds of the Clifton cemetery. They do not advertise for the selling of lots. The annual membership meeting is usually during the end of May. Call Keith Pearson at 703- 239-9563.
* Fairfax Jugglers Club — teaches and holds practice in juggling. Meetings, which are free and open to the public, are every Thursday, 7:30-10 p.m. Call Pete Walker for seasonal location at 703-250-3281, or e-mail Pwalker800@aol.com.
* Friends of Fairfax Station Inc. — all-volunteer board of directors that runs the Fairfax Station Railroad Museum at 11200 Fairfax Station Road, Fairfax Station. Open Sundays between 1 and 4 p.m. Model train displays are shown every third Sunday of the month except December and Labor Day weekend, and a large model train show is held on Saturday, Dec. 4, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, Dec. 5, from noon to 4 p.m.
Special events include: Forum on Ulysses S. Grant, “A Victor Not a Butcher” by Ed Bonekemper (Aug. 11). Forum on “Stoneground: A History of Union Mills” by Paula Elsey (Nov. 10). Art show and sale featuring Florid Monte and other artists (Oct. 22, 6-10 p.m. and Oct. 23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.). Art show and sale featuring Juliano and Nelson (Nov. 6, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Nov. 7, 1-5 p.m.). For membership information, call president Joan Rogers at 703-278-8833.
* Alcoholics Anonymous — For meeting information and locations, call 703-876-6166.
* Acacia Lodge — The Acacia Masonic Lodge 16 meets the first Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Masonic Temple on Main Street in Clifton. Call David Morris at 703-978-4441 or 301-568-5005.