Send announcements to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call Jennifer Lesinski at 703-917-6454. This free listing is reserved for activities and events that are open to the public at no or minimal cost.
Local area vendors are invited to the 2005 Loudoun County
Procurement's Buyer/Seller Information Exchange sessions. The purpose of these informal sessions is to give area businesses the opportunity to meet the county's procurement staff and become familiar with the county's procurement process. The next round of sessions are as follows:
* Thursday, July 21, 2 p.m.
* Monday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, Oct. 20, 2 p.m.
* Friday, Nov. 18, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, Dec. 22, 2 p.m.
The sessions will be held in the Lovettsville Room on the first floor of the County Government Center, 1 Harrison St., S.E., in Leesburg. Call 703-771-5142 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The Loudoun Chamber of Commerce will be holding the following events:
* Thursday, July 14, 9 a.m., New Member Orientation. For new chamber members includes a 30-minute orientation of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce lead by Randy Collins, president and CEO. This presentation will give new members insight into the chamber, the Board of Directors, committees, public policy position and an overview of how chambers operate. Belmont Country Club, 19961 Belmont Manor Lane, Ashburn. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Saturday, July 30, noon-6 p.m., Chamber Summerfest. The day will be filled with food, games, children's activities, music and more. Several Loudoun County-based charities will be on hand with interactive demonstrations. Free. Wal-Mart Sterling, 45415 Dulles Crossing Plaza, Sterling.
* Tuesday, Aug. 9, 8-9:30 a.m., State of Broadband Breakfast. Featuring the new director of broadband services for Loudoun County, Scott Bashore, and his vision on the expansion of the broadband infrastructure in the county. River Creek Country Club, 43800 Olympic Blvd., Leesburg.
Tickets $30 for chamber members, in advance; $35 for chamber members, at door; and $40 for nonchamber members. RSVP to email@example.com or call 703-777-2176.
* Sunday, Aug. 14, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Discover Loudoun by Limousine - A Scavenger Hunt. A day of fun as limo teams hunt for treasures in Loudoun County and beat the clock to the finish line, includes prizes to the winning limo team. Whitehall Manor, 18301 Whitehall Estate Lane, Bluemont.
Reserved individual seat in limo $100, nonmembers $125. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.