Send announcements to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is Friday, two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call Jennifer Lesinski at 703-917-6454. This free listing is reserved for activities and events that are open to the public at no or minimal cost.
Loudoun Women Business Forum, Dec. 1, noon, at Zeffirelli's Restaurant, Leesburg. Speaker is Susan Kousek on the topic of "Organize Your Life." $15, includes lunch. 703-728-8900.
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce has the following upcoming events:
* Holiday Celebration, Thursday, Dec. 1, 5:30-10 p.m. Shop Loudoun will feature an array of Loudoun business presenting their wares for a shop and carry experience. National Conference Center, 18980 Upper Belmont Pace, Lansdowne. Tickets $25. Visit www.loudounchamber.org.
* Business Showcase Breakfast, Thursday, Dec. 8, 7:30-9 :00 a.m., Belmont Country Club, 19961 Belmont Manor Lane
Ashburn. Tickets: $15 for members in advance, $20 for members at the door, $25 for nonmembers. Preregistration is required no later than Tuesday, Dec. 6, at 5 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com or call 703-777-2176.
* Chamber Holiday Open House, Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2-5 p.m. Refreshments and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce, 101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 100, Leesburg. This event is free and open to all members.
Small Business Resources, Wednesday, Dec. 16, 6 p.m., at Sterling Library, 120 Enterprise St. Learn about various small business resources available to the public both in print and online. A portion of the program will be devoted specifically to small business development in the ESL (English as a Second Language) and Hispanic communities. For adults. Advanced registration required, call 703-430-9500.
Local area vendors are invited to the 2005 Loudoun County
Procurement's Buyer/Seller Information Exchange sessions. The purpose of these informal sessions is to give area businesses the opportunity to meet the county's procurement staff and become familiar with the county's procurement process. The next round of sessions are as follows:
* Thursday, Dec. 22, 2 p.m.
* Monday, Jan. 23, 10:30 a.m.
* Friday, Feb. 24, 2 p.m.
* Thursday, March 23, 10:30 a.m.
* Friday, April 21, 2 p.m.
* Friday, May 19, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, June 22, 2 p.m.
* Monday, July 24, 10:30 a.m.
The sessions will be held in the Lovettsville Room on the first floor of the County Government Center, 1 Harrison St., S.E., in Leesburg. Call 703-771-5142 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BeckITSystems, a technology management company for small- and mid-sized organizations, was named Small Business of the Year by the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce. BeckITSystems was previously named the Loudoun County Technology Business of the Year by the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce in 2004. The award recognizes BeckITSystems for exemplifying achievement and excellence in business serving the Greater Washington area.
Van Metre Companies donated $140,000 to four Loudoun County organizations as part of its 50th anniversary. Van Metre donated $35,000 each to the following programs: Loudoun Community Free Clinic, Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management Department, Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department and the Loudoun Youth Initiative.