FAMILY: Wife, Julia; sons, Nathan, Stuart and Connor
CAMPAIGN MAILING ADDRESS: 9840 Main St., Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22031
CAMPAIGN PHONE: 703-349-1276
OCCUPATION: Juvenile Justice Consultant
EMPLOYMENT: Development Services Group, Inc.
EDUCATION: Randolph-Macon College
QUALIFICATIONS: Chief deputy, Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice, 2000-01; acting director, Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice, 2001-02; member, State Juvenile Justice Advisory Group, 2001-02; member, Comprehensive Services Act State Planning and Management Team, 2001-02; president, Virginia Juvenile Justice Association, 1989-92; president, Virginia Council on Juvenile Detention, 1992-97; president and member, West Lynch Foundation, 1985-95; member, Advisory Board, Northern Virginia Literacy Council; president, Board of Directors, Enterprise Schools, 1988 ; Virginia Juvenile Justice Association, Best Administrator
KEY ENDORSEMENTS: Gov. Mark Warner (D); Del. Jim Dillard (R-41); Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Gerry Connolly (D-At-large); Supervisor Sharon Bulova (D-Braddock); Fairfax County Sheriff Stan Barry; Kate Hanley, former chairwoman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors; Sen. Toddy Puller (D-36); Sen. Richard Saslaw (D-35); Fairfax County School Board Member Ilryong Moon (At-large); Del. Vivian Watts (D-39); Del. Brian Moran (D-35); Greater Washington Board of Trade; Virginia Teachers Association; Northern Virginia Association of Realtors; Virginia League of Conservation Voters; Virginia AFL-CIO
TOP CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTORS
A long-time aide to outgoing Del. Jim Dillard (R-41), Democrat Dave Marsden has raised $197,162 in his effort to succeed his former boss.
With just a few weeks remaining before the Nov. 8 election, Marsden reported having spent a total of $69,194 during his campaign, leaving him with $127,967 remaining on hand, according to the Virginia Public Access Project.
Marsden's top 10 campaign contributors are:
1. Leadership for Virginia, which is a coalition of Northern Virginia business people and political figures that supported Gov. Mark Warner's 2004 sales tax increase. The organization has contributed $25,000 to Marsden's campaign.
2. One Virginia PAC, the fund-raising arm of Gov. Mark Warner (D), which contributed $25,000 to Marsden's campaign.
3. Dave Marsden, having given his campaign $5,500 of his own money.
4. Nathan Marsden, a relative who lives in South Carolina, gave $5,000 to the campaign.
5. Ivor Massey Jr., a Richmond investment banker, who contributed $5,000.
6. David Strong, a Florida property manager, gave Marsden $5,000.
7. Virginia Democratic House Caucus, which contributed to the Marsden campaign by paying $4,000 for research into Golden's background.
8. John "Til" Hazel, Jr., a real estate developer who lives in Broad Run, who gave Marsden's campaign $2,500.
9. Tomega Communications, Inc., a Chantilly telecom firm, which contributed $2,500.
10. Blue Dominion Majority PAC, a political organization that finances Democrats in Northern Virginia, which gave Marsden $2,000.