To have an item listed free in The Potomac Almanac, send mail to 10220 River Road, Suite 303, Potomac, MD 20854, e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is Thursday at noon for the following week’s paper. Photos encouraged. Unless otherwise noted, all events are in Potomac. If you have any questions, call Matthew Razak at 703-917-6457.
Long & Foster Realtors will hold seminars on “A Career in Real Estate.” They have designed these seminars to address the questions of people who have often thought of going into business for themselves in real estate but do not know how to investigate the “pros and cons.” Seminar discussions will be on how to get started in a real estate career, the course requirements, costs involved in training, and the benefits of a real estate career. The career night seminars are free of charge and open to the public. Space is limited, reservations are advised. The seminars for May will be held at the following times and locations:
* May 3 — Bethesda Office, 4920 Elm Street, Suite 250, 6 p.m. Call Michette Robles at 301-215-6444.
Bethesda Avenue Office, 4733 Bethesda Ave., 6 p.m. Call Scott Mattingly at 240-497-1702.
* May 10 — Potomac Office, 10000 Falls Road, Suite 2, 6 p.m. Call Barbara Goldsteen at 301-299-4663.
* May 11 — Bethesda Chevy Chase Office, 3 Metro Center, Suite 100, Bethesda, 6 p.m. Call Timothy Harper at 301-654-3535.
* May 12 — Rockville King Farm Office, 402 King Farm Blvd., 12 p.m. Call Janice Raffel at 301-548-9700.
* May 17 — Bethesda Avenue Office, 4733 Bethesda Ave., 6 p.m. Call Scott Mattingly at 240-497-1702.
* May 18 — Potomac Village Office, 9812 Falls Road, Potomac, 7 p.m. Call Ned Rich at 301-765-5100.
* May 24 — Bethesda Gateway Office, 4650 East West Highway, Bethesda, by appointment only. Call Ruth Dickie or Carole Maclure at 301-907-7600.
North Bethesda/Rockville Office, 11540 Rockville Pike, Rockville, 10 a.m. Call Gladys Steiner at 301-468-0606.
Ellen Katz, branch manager of Weichert, Realtors' Potomac Office, announced sales associate Simone Bercu has earned the prestigious Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation. The CRS designation is awarded by the Council of Residential Specialists, the largest not-for-profit affiliate of the National Association of Realtors. Realtors who receive the CRS designation have completed advanced courses and have demonstrated professional expertise in the field of residential real estate. In earning the CRS, Bercu joins 35,000 Realtors nationwide who have earned the credential.