Send announcements to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is Friday, two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call Jennifer Lesinski at 703-917-6454. This free listing is reserved for activities and events that are open to the public at no or minimal cost.
Loudoun Women Business Forum, will be on Feb. 2 at noon, at ZeffirelliÕs Restaurant, Leesburg. Speaker: Julia Kalish Topic: Ayurvedic Nutrition and You. $15 includes lunch. 703-728-8900.
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce has the following upcoming events:
* Annual Luncheon Meeting, Friday, Feb. 3, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Includes a State of the Chamber address as Jen Sterling, outgoing chairman of the Board, passes the baton to Mindy Williams, the chamber's 2006 chairman. Lansdowne Resort, 44050 Woodridge Parkway, Lansdowne. Tickets: in advance, $60 members/$70 nonmembers; at the door, $70 members/$80 nonmembers. Contact Roxane Remley, events manager at 703-777-2176 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loudoun Convention & Visitors Association has the following upcoming events:
* Feb. 14, Destination Strategy Presentation, 10 a.m.-noon, at Hampton Inn Suites, Leesburg. A presentation of the Destination Strategy that has been developed in conjunction with the Loudoun County tourism industry. RSVP to Bill@VisitLoudoun.org or 703-771-2170, Ext. 20.
* March 30, Annual Meeting and Tourism Awards Luncheon, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., at Washington Dulles Airport Marriott. Get the latest industry update and honor fellow tourism award winners. For information regarding sponsoring a table and other sponsorship opportunities, contact Chris Geno at LCVA at Geno@VisitLoudoun.org or by calling 703-771-2170, Ext. 17.
Local area vendors are invited to the 2005 Loudoun County
Procurement's Buyer/Seller Information Exchange sessions. The purpose of these informal sessions is to give area businesses the opportunity to meet the county's procurement staff and become familiar with the county's procurement process. The next round of sessions are as follows:
* Friday, Feb. 24, 2 p.m.
* Thursday, March 23, 10:30 a.m.
* Friday, April 21, 2 p.m.
* Friday, May 19, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday, June 22, 2 p.m.
* Monday, July 24, 10:30 a.m.
The sessions will be held in the Lovettsville Room on the first floor of the County Government Center, 1 Harrison St., S.E., in Leesburg. Call 703-771-5142 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Chad W. Davis, CPA, announces the incorporation of
C. W. Davis & Associates LLC, a full-service tax and accounting firm. CWDA of Sterling offers a variety of services in tax and accounting to its individual and business clients. CWDA has nearly 10 years of tax preparation and consulting experience.
Provident Bank has launched a corporate-wide initiative and multicultural outreach model aimed at meeting the banking needs of Loudoun CountyÕs growing Hispanic community. Thirteen branches in the greater Washington area, including the Sterling Shoppers Food Warehouse (SFW) branch located at 47100 Community Plaza, will serve as pilot locations for the new initiative and will offer products, services, and community outreach programs targeted specifically toward Hispanics.
A range of services, including a ÒLanguage LineÓ interpreter service, have been put in place to meet the banking needs of Hispanic customers, while also providing them with better accessibility. These resources include acceptance of the Matricula Consular Card, bilingual Spanish ATM options and the ITIN Mortgage product for permanent and non-permanent residents.
Van Metre Companies donated $140,000 to four Loudoun County organizations as part of its 50th anniversary. Van Metre donated $35,000 each to the following programs: Loudoun Community Free Clinic, Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management Department, Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department and the Loudoun Youth Initiative.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Virginia and the Anthem Foundation have awarded grants totaling $30,000 to the Loudoun County Free Clinic. The grant allocates $20,000 to be used for cancer screening programs and $10,000 to help support the clinicÕs operational expenses.
Fitness Together, owned and operated by Eric Sutton, a certified personal trainer, is a new personal training studio that offers one-on-one training in private training suites. Located at 44335 Premier Plaza, Suite 130, the studio is the seventh franchise to open in Virginia.
Let's Dish! is opening its second site at Prosperity Center, 705 E. Market St., Leesburg. The store is a make-and-take, meal assembly location that allows customers to prepare meals that can be frozen until ready to be cooked. The first Loudoun location opened in Ashburn in August.
Piedmont Investment Advisors LLC, a registered investment advisory firm, announces that it has merged with Loudoun Investment Advisors LLC. The new company, Piedmont Investment Advisors LLC, will have close to $50 million in assets under management (AUM) and expected this year to surpass $100 million in AUM and growth of more than 100 percent.
The merged companies will have a total of four employees and will move into its headquarters at 19455 Deerfield Ave., Suite 307 in Lansdowne at the end of February.