Vienna Weight Watchers is back. Meetings at the Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry St., S.E., Vienna are every Tuesday from noon-1:15 p.m. Cost is $150 for 12 weekly luncheon sessions, payable in advance. To register call 703-255-6350.
Shoplifters Anonymous. Group offers a new 12-step meeting program for those who wish to stop compulsive shoplifting. The group meets every Thursday, 7-8 p.m., at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 7426 Idylwood Road. Call Sue at 703-759-0396 or Carol at 703-764-0347 to confirm the meeting date.
The Alzheimer's Association, National Capital Area accepts used car donations through its partner cars4charities. To participate, call 1-866-448-3487 or visit www.cars4charities.org. Vehicles are towed away free of charge. Some restrictions apply.
Parkinson's Groups. A Parkinson's Disease caregivers/carepartners support group meets the third Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m., at Dolley Madison Library, lower level meeting room, 1244 Oak Ridge Ave., McLean. Call Angela Robb, 703-277-9666.
A Fairfax Parkinson’s Disease support group meets at 1 p.m. on the third Thursday at the Little River Glen Senior Center, 4001 Barker Court, Fairfax. The Parkinson Foundation (PFNCA) welcomes patients and family members. No charge. Call Leon at 202-966-4450.
Suicide Survivors Support Group. A suicide survivors bereavement support group meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m., at HAVEN of Northern Virginia, 4606 Ravensworth Road, Annandale. Call 703-941-7000 or visit www.havenofnova.org.
Donate Blood. Inova Blood Donor Services is open weekdays, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturdays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., at its main location at 3289 Woodburn Road in Annandale. To inquire about appointments at a convenient donor center or blood drive, call 1-866-BLOOD SAVES (1-866-256-6372) or visit www.inova.org/donateblood.
Other Inova blood donation sites are:
* Inova Alexandria Hospital
4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, Va.
Hours: Monday and Wednesday; noon-8 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
* Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
2501 Parker's Lane, Alexandria, Va.
Hours: Monday-Thursday; 4-7 p.m.
* CentreMed, Centreville, Va.
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; noon-8 p.m.
Saturday; 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Life with Cancer, an Inova Health System program, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield, offers a number of support groups and events for individuals and families coping with cancer. For children, call 703-208-5623. Adults, call 703-698-2841, or visit www.lifewithcancer.org.
* Lung Cancer Group. Facilitated by an oncology counselor. At the Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield, Room 1E. Call 703-698-2841; visit www.lifewithcancer.com.
* Eating Can be Good for You! After a cancer diagnosis and during cancer treatment, many worry about eating the "right" foods. Julia Thorsen, registered dietitian for the Cancer Patient Nutrition Support Program at Inova Cancer Center, provides recent findings and recommendations to get the year off to a good nutritional start. Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield, Suite 203, Room B. To register, call 703-698-2841 or visit www.lifewithcancer.com.
* TLC: Teens Living with Cancer. Monthly social activities for 13- to 18-year-olds who have cancer give them a chance to meet others with cancer, share a little, have fun. Call 703-208-5623 for details. At the Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Fairfax. Call 703-698-2841 or visit www.lifewithcancer.org.
* Carcinoid Cancer Group. Meet with other carcinoid cancer patients and their adult loved ones to share experiences and learn from one another in this monthly group meeting. At the Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield, Room 1E. 703-698-2841, www.lifewithcancer.com.
Individual Reiki Appointments. Schedule an individual session with a certified Reiki practitioner, and experience the benefits of this ancient healing practice. Dress comfortably. To register, call 703-698-2841 or visit www.lifewithcancer.org.
Fibromyalgia/Arthritis Support Group. Meets the second Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. at Pohick Library, 6450 Syndenstricker Road, Burke. Call Barbara at 703-913-0890 or Maxine at 703-451-4558.
Weight Management. Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) meets Thursdays at 6:45 p.m., at Bruen Chapel United Methodist Church, 3035 Cedar Lane, Fairfax. Call 703-205-9041.
HAVEN of Northern Virginia, 4606 Ravensworth Road, Annandale, offers several ongoing, free bereavement support groups.
* A general bereavement support group for anyone grieving the death of a loved one. Meets the first and third Wednesday of each month, 7:30-9 p.m.
* A widow/widower bereavement support group for anyone grieving the death of a spouse. One group meets the first and third Thursdays of each month, 2-3:30 p.m. An evening group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays each month, from 7:30-9 p.m.
* A suicide survivors bereavement support group for anyone grieving the loss of a loved one to suicide meets the first Tuesday of each month, 7:30-9 p.m.
Call 703-941-7000 or visit www.havenofnova.org for more information.
Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Groups. Meetings are facilitated by trained group leaders, ongoing, free and open to the community. Support groups allow families to meet other caregivers, to share experiences and caregiving tips while developing coping skills. Caregivers and family members are invited to visit.
In Oakton, the group meets the third Monday of the month from 7:30 p.m. at Sunrise Senior Living (10322 Blake Lane).
In McLean, a caregiver support group meets on the second Monday of each month at 1 p.m. at The Sylvestery, 1728 Kirby Road in McLean. The Sylvestery is Vinson Hall Retirement Community's new assisted living residence for the care of people with memory impairments. Barbara Adams, M.S.W., will be the support group leader. Call Betty Moore, group leader, at 703-255-2050, before attending for the first time.
For a complete listing of Alzheimer’s Association support groups meet throughout the National Capital Area, call toll-free 1-866-259-0042 or visit www.alz-nca.org. Support groups are subject to change. Contact the support group leader to verify date, time and location.
The Women’s Center of Vienna offers a number of classes and workshops designed to help navigate the different aspects of separation and divorce, continuing through August at various locations in Vienna, Fairfax and McLean. Some of the program topics include "Divorce Through Mediation," "Divorce Without Litigation," "Dollars and Sense of Divorce," "Financial Planning for Separation and Divorce," "Helping Your Child Cope With Separation and Divorce," "Legal Aspects of Child Support" and "Understanding Your Right to Marital Assets" and others. Visit www.thewomenscenter.org or call 703-281-2657.