To have an item listed free in The Potomac Almanac, send mail to 10220 River Road, Suite 303, Potomac, MD 20854, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 703-917-0991. Deadline is Thursday at noon for the following week’s paper. Photos encouraged. Unless otherwise noted, all events are in Potomac. If you have any questions, call Rebecca Halik at 703-917-6476.
Long & Foster Realtors host seminars on "A Career in Real Estate," which will address the questions of people who have often thought of going into business for themselves in real estate but do not know how to investigate the "pros and cons." Free and reservations encouraged.
*Friday, July 14: 12 p.m. at Rockville King Farm Office, 402 King Farm Blvd., Rockville. Contact Janice Raffel 301-548-9700 to register.
* Wednesday, July 19: 6 p.m. at Bethesda Avenue Office, 4733 Bethesda Ave., (Street Level), Bethesda. Contact Scott Mattingly 240-497-1702 to register.
* Thursday, July 20: 6 p.m. at Potomac Village Office, 9812 Falls Road, Potomac. Contact Ned Rich 301-765-5100 to register.
Helen King, of the Potomac Office of Weichert Realtors, was recognized with a regional award for the month of April. King led the region in new home dollar volume, topping associates from 24 Weichert offices located throughout Maryland and the District to earn the honor. King is a member of the top-ranking Chairman of the Board Premiere Club. She can be reached at Weichert's Potomac Office, 301-718-4100, located at 7821 Tuckerman Lane.
The Potomac Village Office of Weichert, Realtors was recognized with a regional award for the month of April. The region consists of 24 Weichert offices located throughout Maryland and the District. The office led the region in Weichert Family of Companies dollar volume, achieved by helping its clients take advantage of Weichert Financial's Gold Services Program. Weichert's Potomac Village Office, 301-718-4080, is located at 10230 River Rd.
Several Paley Rothman attorneys recently were honored within the legal profession and their local communities. These include:
* Linda D. Schwartz of Rockville, a member of the firm's Real Estate and Estate Planning practice groups among others, was elected to the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL).
* Kathleen M. Dumais of Potomac, a member of Paley Rothman's Litigation and Family Law practice groups, received the 17th Annual Professionalism Award from the Bar Association of Montgomery County. She also has been granted Fellowship in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML).
* Patricia M. Weaver of Bethesda, a member of the firm's Litigation and Appellate practice groups, was given the Bar Association of Montgomery County's Committee Chair of the Year Award for her role as Co-Chair of the Fee Dispute Resolution Committee.
* James R. Hammerschmidt of Rockville, a member of Paley Rothman's Litigation, Appellate and Employment Law practice groups, was elected by his peers to serve two years on the Executive Committee of the Bar Association of Montgomery County. He also received the Bar Foundation's Committee Chair of the Year Award for his service as Co-Chair of the Fall Outing Committee.
* Daniel P. Hodin of North Potomac, a member of the firm's Real Estate and Financial Services practice groups and president of Presidential Title, Inc., the firm's real estate settlement company, has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Jewish Council for the Aging and Har Shalom Synagogue in Potomac.
Several Long & Foster sales associates were awarded in Montgomery County for April:
* Bethesda: Simone Troni as the top individual producer and seller with a sales volume of $1,475,000; Kay Hager as the top individual lister; The Marty Signore Team as the top team producer and lister; The Hans Wydler Group as the top group producer and lister; and seller; and The Juan Antonio Umanzor Group as the top group seller and the group with the most new listings.
* Bethesda Avenue: Jamie Coley as the top producer and seller with a sales volume of $8,900,000; and Chana Sky as the top lister and the agent with the most new listings.
* Bethesda/Chevy Chase: Scott Harper as the top producer with a sales volume of $1,878,500; John Kalendek and George Mugri as the top listers; Scott Harper and I.K. Okobi as the top sellers; and Christa Hodge as the agent with the most new listings.
* Bethesda Gateway: Brad Rozansky as the top producer, lister, seller and the agent with the most new listings with a sales volume of $15,994,341.
* North Potomac/Gaithersburg: Alex Martinez as the top individual producer and seller with a sales volume of $3,899,699; Sandra Lillywhite as the top individual lister; Stanley Der as the agent with the most new listings; The Julie Robinson and Mark Smith Team as the top team producer and lister; The Judy Howlin and Meredith FogleTeam as the top team lister; The Christine Sherman and Geoff Valdivia Team as the top team seller; and The Tom Gretz Group as the top group producer and seller; and The June Blair, Stephanie Rubin and Bob Graves Group as the group with the most new listings.
* Potomac/Cabin John: Elaine Koch as the top producer and lister with a sales volume of $4,145,000; Leslie Friedson as the top lister; and Judy Milstein as the agent with the most new listings.
* Potomac Village: Michael Matese as the top producer with a sales volume of $8,293,972; and Krystyna Litwin as the top lister and the agent with the most new listings.