Wellspring Church celebrates God at work, “in grace, in faith, in all of life.” This week’s worship includes special music by the choir. Wellspring worships 10 a.m. at Centreville Firehouse #17, 5856 Old Centreville Road. Sunday School classes for children meet during the worship hour, followed by a fellowship hour with fair trade coffee and treats. The One Great Hour of Sharing offering will be received, with gifts for disaster and refugee relief around the world.
Wellspring is thoughtful, prayerful, justice-seeking, and Open and Affirming to seekers of all backgrounds. Wellspring is part of the "God is still speaking" movement in the United Church of Christ. Call Pastor Jeremy McLeod at 703-257-4111, or check the Web site at Wellspringucc.org
The Fairfax-Burke Shepherd's Center invites adults over age 50 to the kick-off event, Lunch N' Life, on March 30, from 12-2 p.m. The luncheon will take place at St. Mary of Sorrows Catholic Church, 5222 Sideburn Road, Fairfax. Sharon Bulova, Braddock District Supervisor, will be the guest speaker on the topic of local history. The cost for lunch is $5 per person. Reservations must be made by calling Faye Quesenberry, 703-620-0160, or Patti Cook, 703-815-3408.
On Sunday, April 2 at 7:30 p.m. the Chancel Choir of Centreville United Methodist Church will present "Requiem" by contemporary British composer John Rutter. The concert is free and open to the public. Centreville United Methodist Church is located at the intersection of Route 28 and New Braddock Road. Call 703-830-2684 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Pleasant Valley United Methodist Church is holding Lent and Easter activities that are open to the public. The church is located at 43987 John Mosby Highway, Chantilly. Go to www.pleasantvalleyumc.net or call 703-327-4461.
* April 2 — Purpose #5 “You Were Made for a Mission.” (Girl Scout Sunday — The Big Party 5 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall)
* April 9 — Palm Sunday. (Meet under covered entrance to Fellowship Hall for both services for a processional.)
* Good Friday — Images of The Passion 7:30 p.m.
* April 16 — Easter Sunday: 8 a.m. — Sonrise, 9 a.m. — Breakfast (Fellowship Hall), 10 a.m. — Sunday School, 11 a.m. — Resurrection Celebration.
Temple Beth Torah is a Reform Jewish congregation and member of the Union of Reform Judaism (URJ) that meets at St. John's Episcopal Church in the heart of Centreville. Religious school is held at the Goddard School in Chantilly. The congregation offers the Northern Virginia Jewish community services that provide numerous spiritual, educational, support and social opportunities, including religious school for member children age 3 through Bar/Bat Mitzvah and confirmation. Call 703-263-2252 or visit www.BethTorah.net.
Upcoming services and events:
* Sunday, April 2 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
* Sunday, April 9 — No religious school.
* Thursday April 13 — 6 – 9 p.m. Community Passover Seder with St. John's Episcopal Church. In the parish hall.
* Sunday, April 16 — No religious school.
* Friday, April 21 — 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Yom Hashoah Holocaust remembrance service in the chapel.
* Saturday, April 22 — 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service in the chapel.
10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Sunday, April 23 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School in Goddard School.
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Judaism 101 in Goddard School.
* Friday, April 28 — 6:30– 7:30 p.m. Fourth-grade dinner.
7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Saturday, April 29 — 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service in the chapel
10:30 – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Sunday, April 30 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
Sunday, May 7 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
* Friday, May 12 — 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
* Saturday, May 13 — 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Shabbat service as Kiersten Farell becomes a Bat Mitzvah in the parish hall.
* Sunday, May 14 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Judaism 101 at Goddard School.
* Friday, May 19 — 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Teacher Appreciation service in the chapel.
* Saturday, May 20 — 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service in the chapel.
10:30 a.m.– 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
Sunday, May 21 — 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Religious School at Goddard School.
12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. TBT Annual Meeting at Goddard School.
Sunday, May 28 — No religious school.
* Friday, June 2 — 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Shabbat Service: Special Shavout/Confirmation Service in the chapel.
* Saturday, June 3 — 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Family/Children’s Service: In the chapel
10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Shabbat Service in the chapel.
Centreville Community Bible Church will host its annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 8, at 10 a.m. at Deer Park Elementary School. Bring your own basket. Contact Cathy Shaffer at 703-754-2722 or email@example.com. The public is also invited to attend the Easter Service on Sunday, April 16 at 10:30 a.m. Go to www.ccbc-va.com.
The Children's Ministry at Jubilee Christian Center will hold an Eggstravaganza Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 8 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at 4650 Shirley Gate Road, Fairfax. Helicopters will drop marshmallows with special tickets that can be turned in for prizes. "Mr. and Mrs. Bunny" will make an appearance, plus there will be games, moon bounces, a gospel illusionist, and snacks, as well as plastic eggs with candy — all free. Bring your own basket to collect eggs and marshmallows. Rain date is Saturday, April 15. Call 703-383-1170 or visit www.jccag.org
The Community Baptist Church of Chantilly will hold an Easter Cantata entitled "Amazing Grace" on Sunday, April 16 at 10 a.m. The program will consist of beautiful music with moving narrations. Everyone is invited to attend. Free. Contact Pastor Mike Aylestock at 703-968-8871.
Temple Beth Torah is a Reform Jewish congregation and member of the Union of Reform Judaism (URJ) that meets at St. John's Episcopal Church in Centreville. Religious school is held at the Goddard School in Chantilly. The congregation welcomes all members of the community to attend any of the services or events. Call 703-263-2252 or visit www.BethTorah.net.
Jubilee Christian Center is offering free English classes as a second language during its Sunday School time, 10:10-10:50 a.m., on Sundays, at 4650 Shirley Gate Road, Fairfax. 703-383-1170.
Cedar Run Community Church is a non-denominational Christian church. It meets for Sunday service at 10:30 a.m. at Waples Mill Elementary off Waples Mill Road in the Fair Oaks area. There's a Promiseland children's ministry for newborns through sixth-graders, as well as a dynamic, safe place for teens at the student ministry meeting during the Sunday service. Call 703-968-7312 or visit www.cedarrun.net.
Capital Worship Center will hold weekly worship services at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays, and Bible study and worship services on Wednesday nights at 7:30 p.m. at Centre Ridge Elementary School, 14400 New Braddock Road, Centreville. Also offered at this time will be youth services, children's fellowship and a nursery. Call 703-530-8100.
Christ the Redeemer Episcopal Church holds a contemporary worship service on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. at Centreville Elementary School in Centreville. Sunday school and a nursery are provided on Sundays. Visit www.connectwithctr.com. or call 703-502-1732.
New Hope Fellowship currently meets at 10:50 a.m. at the Greenbriar Community Center each Sunday. The center is located at 4615 Stringfellow Road, Chantilly. Call 703-591-2948.
Community Care Groups at New Life Christian Church
The following are ongoing support groups which meet at Westfield High School on Sunday mornings or as indicated. Contact Community Care Minister Ron Furgerson at 703-266-0118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Food Freedom — A Celebrate Recovery Support Group. This group uses a proven Biblical approach to promote healing from compulsive eating problems. The group meets at Westfield High School at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday. Child Care is provided.
* Help for Hurts, Habits, and Hang-Ups — A Celebrate Recovery Group. This group uses the 12-step approach coupled with the teachings of Jesus to help overcome or cope with all types of addictions, compulsions and life problems. The group meets at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday at Westfield High School. Child care is provided.
* Dealing with Divorce — A Divorce Care Support Group. This is a video-based seminar group for people who are separated or divorced. The group is a place to receive sound information about ways to heal from the hurt and to cope with the life pressures which accompany separation and divorce. The group meets at 11 a.m. each Sunday at Westfield High School. Child care is provided.
Healthy Boundaries — Getting Control of Your Life. The group helps the over-stressed, over-worked and over-committed to gain control of their lives through developing healthy, balanced relationships. The group meets at 7:30 p.m. each Thursday at 13777 Laurel Rock Drive; Clifton.
Beth Moore Bible study series “Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit” will be offered for women Thursday evenings at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 5114 Twinbrook Road, Fairfax. Workbooks are $15. Call 703-323-9500 or visit www.lordoflifelutheran.com.
Adults, single or married, are invited to join Saint Andrew Lutheran Church's Adult Fellowship team. Church is located at 14640 Soucy Place, Centreville. E-mail Pam Gehle at Gehles4@yahoo.com or Linda Schwarz at Linda.Schwarz@cox.net with any new ideas or interest in planning or hosting an event.
The Activity Center at Saint Andrew Lutheran Church is every Sunday after the 11 a.m. Service's Children's Sermon. Children ages 3-7 go to the preschool area while parents listen to the sermon without interruption from little ones. Adult volunteers who are scheduled about once every two to three months are needed. Church is located at 14640 Soucy Place, Centreville. Call Kathy Uffelman at 703-830-2768 with questions or to volunteer.
New Life Christian Church is forming a new Grief Share Group for persons who are experiencing the hurt associated with loss of a loved one. The group meets for 12 sessions using a video-based discussion format and is effective in helping survivors deal with the issues faced by persons going through a period of grief. Contact Leslie Delp at 703-815-6274.
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meets at Centreville Baptist Church on alternate Friday mornings. Do you think spaghetti is a finger food? Write your grocery list in crayon? Come join other moms for encouragement and support. Contact Centreville Baptist Church at 703-830-3333 or visit www.cbcva.org
Northern Virginia Orthodox Mission meets each Sunday for Divine Liturgy at 9 a.m. at Compton Village, 14401 Compton Village Drive, Centreville. All services are in English. All are welcome. Additional information can be found at the Web site: www.nvorthodox.org or by calling Tammy at 703-426-8719.
New Life Christian Church is once again offering two Divorce Care Groups, one meeting on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. at Westfield High School (child care provided) and one home group which meets on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. Both are video-based seminar groups for people who are experiencing difficulty with their separation or divorce. The groups provide sound information about ways to heal from the hurt and cope with the life pressures which accompany separation and divorce. Groups are free. Contact Jon Williams at 703-505-4525 or Deeanne Rampey at 703-266-8357.
YAWEH (You Are Welcome Here) will be held on the first Sunday of each month from 6:30-7:30 p.m. for a Christian discussion group reinforcing God's love for the GLBTQ community (and the people who love them.) The discussion is led by Pastor Sandi John and Minister of Music Dean Jenkins. The gathering is an informal time of worship, instruction and fellowship. Call the church office at 703-471-5225, e-mail Pastor@WashingtonPlazaChurch.com and/or see the Web site at www.WashingtonPlazaChurch.com for directions. The church is located at 1615 Washington Plaza, Reston.
Shepherd Gate Church is now offering two services: 9 and 10:45 a.m. The church is located at 4310 Pleasant Valley Road, Chantilly. Visit www.shepherdgate.org or call 703-961-1040.
Unity Life Center of Chantilly holds Sunday services and youth education at 10 a.m. with the Revs. Cynthia Vermillion-Foster and Don Foster. The church is located at 14088-C Sullyfield Circle, Chantilly. Call 703-263-7645 or visit www.unitylife.org.
St. John's Episcopal Church offers the following: Sunday Eucharist services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. A nursery for children up to age 3 is available. Opportunities for adult, youth and child enrichment are offered. On Wednesdays, a Eucharist and Healing Service is held at 9:15 a.m. Call 703-803-7500 or visit www.stjohnscentreville.org, or e-mail email@example.com. The church is located at 5649 Mount Gilead Road, Centreville.