Chris A. Clement was named Senior Sales Manager at Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles. Clement brings more than a decade of Marriott experience in the hospitality industry to the position, which will focus on corporate and association markets in the western region of the county. He most recently worked as an account executive for Marriott hotels of Northern Virginia and as the corporate sales manager at Dulles Airport Marriott and Dulles Marriott Suites.
BNI Northern Virginia is hosting a "Coffee, Tea, You & Me" networking session on Friday, June 15, from 3-5 p.m. at the Border Cafe in Centreville. This week's special topic is "Creating Profitable 1-on-1's With Your Team!" Use one-on-ones for real business growth opportunities. The Border Cafe is at 5825 Trinity Parkway, Centreville. Call 703-201-4267.
Leadership Fairfax Inc. will hold a joint commencement on Thursday, June 14 starting at 6 p.m. for LFI’s Signature Class of 2007 and the Emerging Leaders Institute Class of 2007. Leadership Fairfax’s Signature Program Class of 2007 is the 20th class to complete the leadership program. Nick Champeau, vice president for Easterns Automotive Group, will deliver the keynote address. It will be held at the Westfields Marriott, 14750 Conference Center Dr. in Chantilly. Visit www.leadershipfairfax.org or call 703-752-7555.
Events Sponsored by the Chantilly-Centreville Chamber of Commerce. RSVP online, www.dullesregionalchamber.org, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: 571-323-5304.
* Networking Mixer — Thursday, June 21, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Hidden Lane Landscaping & Design, 12539 Lawyers Road, Herndon (near intersection of West Ox Rd.) Chat and "graze" with business folks amidst the growing display gardens at this company's site. Or pay at the door, $10 members; $15 nonmembers.
* Friday Night Live!— Friday, June 22, 6:30-10:30 p.m. Outdoor rock concert series on the green behind Municipal Center on Lynn Street. Runs through August. Free Admission. Family friendly. Go to www.HerndonRocks.com. Hotline is 703-481-6133.
* Power Networking Breakfast — Thursday, June 28, from 8-9:30 a.m., at Holiday Inn Select-Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly Shopping Center Dr., Chantilly. Connect face to face with potential customers or allies via several rounds of organized networking right after a hot breakfast. Fees: $25 in advance or $30 at door for members; $35 nonmembers.
* Friday Night Live! — Wednesday, July 4 and Friday, July 6, 6:30-10:30 p.m. Outdoor rock concert series on the green behind Municipal Center on Lynn Street. Runs through August. Free Admission. Family friendly. Go to www.HerndonRocks.com. Hotline is 703-481-6133.
* Chairman's Luncheon — Membership Annual Meeting. Featuring a presentation by Virginia Attorney General Robert F. McDonnell. Wednesday, July 11 from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2200 Centreville Rd., Herndon. Meet the leadership of the Dulles Regional Chamber as well as business and community leaders. The 2007-08 officers and members of the Chamber Board will be introduced. Fees: $40 for members; $50 non- members. Pre-registration is required.
* Brown Bag Luncheon — Friday, July 13, noon-1 p.m., at Dulles Regional Chamber's Chantilly office, 3901 Centerview Drive, Suite R. Discussion follows introduction of a topic (TBA) by a business coach from ActionCOACH. Bring your own lunch.
* Friday Night Live! — Friday, July 13, 6:30-10:30 p.m. Outdoor rock concert series on the green behind Municipal Center on Lynn Street. Runs through August. Free Admission. Family friendly. Go to www.HerndonRocks.com. Hotline is 703-481-6133.
*Free Seminar—Thursday, June 14, 8-10 a.m. and noon-2 p.m., at Hyatt Regency Reston. Designed to aquatint human resources specialists from area companies with available commuting alternatives that help employees achieve a satisfactory work-life balance. Seminar is free, but space is limited and reservations required. Contact email@example.com or 703-817-1307.
* Chamber Mixer — Thursday, July 19, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Comfort Suites, 13980 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly. Network with friendly business folks in a comfortable setting. Enjoy delicious food. Pay at the door $10 members; $15 nonmembers.
* Power Networking Breakfast — Thursday, July 26, 8-9:30 am, at Holiday Inn Select-Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly Shopping Center Dr., Chantilly. Connect face to face with potential customers or allies via several rounds of organized networking right after a hot breakfast. Fees: $25 in advance or $30 at door for members; $35 nonmembers.
The principals of Thompson, Greenspon & Co., P.C. announce that Charles F. (Chip) Helme III, CPA, has been elected managing principal of the firm effective May 1, a position that Thomas E. Cox has held for the past 12 years. Helme joined the firm in 1986, after graduating with a B.S. in Accounting from George Mason University.
The Credit Union Executive Society (CUES) has bestowed a prominent industry honor upon Apple Federal Credit Union. In ceremonies taking place Wednesday, April 25, Apple’s Web site, www.applefcu.org was recognized with a merit Golden Mirror Award for achievement in Web site Marketing.
The Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Northern Virginia Community Foundation are seeking applicants for the Business and Technology Scholarship. This scholarship was established to provide business and technology merit scholarships to strengthen the area's workforce readiness supply. Students can obtain applications at these schools:
* Centreville High School, 703-802-5400;
* Chantilly Academy, 703-222-7460;
* Chantilly High School, 703-222-8100;
* Mountain View School, 703-227-2316;
* Westfield High School, 703-488-6300.
The application forms are available now and are due back by May 21. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centreville Rotary Club has moved its meeting location from the I-Hop in Centreville to the EggsSpectations Restaurant in Chantilly. The Rotary Club meets Tuesdays from 11:30-12:30 p.m. for lunch. There is a new guest speaker every week with topics ranging from estate planning to how the Rotary helps during emergencies. Contact Gregg Caldwell at email@example.com.
The Clifton Business Connection chapter of BNI invites area business professionals to visit their weekly networking meeting held every Wednesday at 11 a.m. at Heart in Hand Restaurant in Clifton. Visit www.bninova.com.