A commercial townhouse at 6265 Franconia Road suffered an estimated $150,000 damage as a result of a fire on Wednesday, Oct. 31, according to Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department.
Upon arrival at approximately 5 p.m. firefighters saw fire and smoke coming from the side of the two-story building housing United State Mortgage, according to Daniel Schmidt, public information officer, FCF&R Department.
The blaze was brought under control in approximately 10 minutes. The building, unoccupied at the time, had no reported injuries, according to the department.
Fire investigated determined the cause to be accidental. An unattended candle in the office caused the fire, investigators reported.