The Junior League of Northern Virginia, a women's volunteer organization that empowers women to be a driving force to improve the Northern Virginia community and help prepare children for success, welcomes 70 local women to its new member class. In the past two years, the JLNV has increased its new member classes by nearly 25 percent, bringing its total membership to 493.
Membership is now open to all women aged 21 years and over residing in Northern Virginia and its surrounding areas for the JLNV's fall new member class. Several informational events are planned throughout the area for prospective members to meet active JLNV members and learn more about the organization. Events will be held at the following locations:
* Meet & Greet / Happy Hours on Wednesday, Aug. 13 from 6-8 p.m. at Coastal Flats (in Fairfax Corner), 11901 Grand Commons Ave., Fairfax.
* Tuesday, Aug. 19, from 6-8 p.m. at CapitolCity Brewery, 2700 S. Quincy St., Arlington.
* Coffee & Conversation Get Togethers, Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, 10 a.m.-noon at La Madeleine, 1915-C Chain Bridge Road, McLean
* Saturday, Sept. 6, from 10 a.m.-noon at Panera Bread, 4238 Wilson Blvd., Arlington.
* Information Sessions — Monday, Aug. 4 from 7-9 p.m. at The Dandelion Patch, 11923 Market St., Reston.
* Monday, Sept. 8, 2008, 7-9 p.m. at The Dandelion Patch, 111 Church St. NW, Vienna.
Applications for the fall new member class are due by Sept. 15, 2008. E-mail email@example.com to register for an event or for more information about membership.
Coffee, Tea, You and Me! will hold the seminar "Developing Your Personal Networking VisionQuest," on Friday, Aug. 1 from 3-5 p.m. at Panera Bread, 5762 Union Mill Rd., Clifton. The host is Marvin Powell. Call 703-201-4267.
Michael and Laura Pierce, providers of non-medical in-home care services to local families, were recently honored by CK Franchising Inc. for their performance as a Comfort Keepers franchise owner. The Pierces were recognized during the Celebration Dinner and Awards Ceremony during the Comfort Keepers Annual Conference held in Tucson, May 31.
Meet local business owners and build your business network through the BNI Business Owner's Roundtable. Meetings are Wednesdays at 7:30 a.m. at Eggspectation, 5009 Weston Plaza Dr., Chantilly. Cost is $8 for Continental breakfast or $12 for hot breakfast. Email Lauren Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centreville Rotary Club has moved its meeting location from the I-Hop in Centreville to the EggsSpectations Restaurant in Chantilly. The Rotary Club meets Tuesdays from 11:30-12:30 p.m. for lunch. There is a new guest speaker every week with topics ranging from estate planning to how the Rotary helps during emergencies. Contact Gregg Caldwell at email@example.com.
The Clifton Business Connection chapter of BNI invites area business professionals to visit its weekly networking meeting held every Wednesday at 11 a.m. at Heart in Hand Restaurant in Clifton. Visit www.bninova.com.