Thirty-six Marshall High School students participated in the Fairfax County Regional Science and Engineering Fair held at Robinson Secondary School on March 29. The following students won awards:
Grand Prize Award — Andre Gerner
Grand Prize Nominees — Dana Hayes and Mojan Nourbakhsh
Dana Hayes and Mojan Nourbakhsh
Syed Hassan, Arian Khorshid and Arturas Petkevicius
Kimberly Nguyen and Nina Randorf
Cindy Dapogny and Ipsita Salim
Michelle Bui and Sarah Peng
Olivia Ellis, Emily Hemmingson and Meara O’Malley
Amanda Crider, Kelly Crider and Allie Golden
Paige Dolton and Arielle Mandell
Jai Bapna and Adrien Garnier
Alex Koma and Andy Naidu
Agnes Cororaton and Yaerin Heo
Eliot Gehley and Adam Lichtman
Nicole Goitia and Corinne Moini
In addition to place awards, some students also received organizational awards
* Andre Gerner — $100, an invitation to an awards dinner from the American Nuclear Society.
Honorable Mention Award from the Washington Statistical Society
* Syed Hassan, Arian Khorshid and Arturas Petkevicius — $1,000 and an invitation to an awards dinner from the Armed Forces Communications Electronics D.C. Chapter.
* Jai Bapna and Adrien Garnier — First-Place Ribbon and Certificate of Merit from the Geological Society of Washington.
* Mai Abdel-Ghani — Certificate of Merit from the Patent and Trademark Office Society.
* Dana Hayes, Mojan Nourbakhsh, Syed Hassan, Arian Khorshid, Arturas Petkevicius, Kimberly Nguyen and Nina Randorf are now eligible to participate at the Virginia State Science Fair held at George Mason University on April 11-12.