Send announcements, which are open to the public at no or minimal cost, to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102 or e-mail to email@example.com. Deadline is Friday, two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call Matthew Razak at 703-917-6457. For additional entertainment listings, visit www.connectionnewspapers.com, E section.
The new edition of "Inside Loudoun County" is about the Loudoun County Public Library and the upcoming "Art for Heart's Sake" campaign. "Inside Loudoun County" is a 30-minute cable television program airing Mondays and Fridays, at 7 and 9 p.m., on Comcast Government Channel 23 and Verizon FiOS Channel 40. The show is hosted by Nancy McCormick of the Loudoun County Office of Public Information.
Ashburn Library, 43316 Hay Road, Ashburn, continuing children's story times. 703-737-8100.
* Baby Lapsit, ages 0-18 months, Mondays, 10 a.m.
* Teen Reading Buddies Story time, ages 3-5, Mondays, 4:30 p.m.
* Mother Goose Nursery Time, 18-24 months, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m.
* Terrific 2s: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:45 a.m.
* Preschool Story time, ages 3-5, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.
* Wonderful Wednesday Stories, ages 3-5, Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m.
* After School Story time, ages 5-8, Wednesdays, 4 p.m.
* Pajama Story time, ages 3-5, Wednesdays, 7 p.m.
* Video Story time Matinee, ages 3-6, Fridays, 2 p.m. Dec. 7: The Gingerbread Man, advance registration required.
* Saturday Family Story time, ages 2-5, Saturdays, 10 a.m.
Cascades Library, 21030 Whitfield Place, Sterling, continuing children's story times. 703-444-3228.
* Lapsits for 2s: Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. and Wednesdays, 11:15 a.m.
* Baby Lapsit, ages 0-18 months, Tuesdays and Saturdays, 11:15 a.m.
* Pajama Story time, ages 2-5, Tuesdays, 7 p.m.
* Story time for 3s, 4s and 5s, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
* After School Book Break, ages 5-8, Wednesdays, 4 p.m.
* Mother Goose Nursery Time, ages 18-24 months, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.
* Terrific 3s, Thursdays, 11:15 a.m.
* Saturday Family Story time, ages 2- 6s, Saturdays, 10:30 a.m.
Sterling Library, 120 Enterprise St, Sterling, continuing children's story times. 703-430-9500.
* Preschool Story time, age 3-5, Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. and Fridays, 11 a.m.
* Mother Goose Story time, ages 18-24 months, Thursdays, 4 p.m.
* Family Story times, ages 3-10, second Saturdays, 11 a.m.
The Loudoun Valley Homegrown Market Association announces its first year round market. Continue to visit and shop the Leesburg Farmersï¿½ Markets all year long and purchase fresh chicken, pork, beef, lamb, ostrich, breads, soups, apples, cheese, fresh salsa and more. The Leesburg Year Round Market is located in the Virginia Village Shopping Center off of Catoctin Circle every Saturday, from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. To sign up for the e-newsletter, send and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put "LEESBURG YEAR ROUND MARKET" in the subject line.
The Leesburg Open-Air Market, 229 Depot Court, S.E., Leesburg, is every Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Selling arts, crafts and antiques. Food catered by Red Hot & Blue. Call 703-777-8100.
Leesburg First Fridays. Galleries and shops open their doors on the first Friday of each month with special events, refreshments and entertainment, from 6-9 p.m. There is no First Friday in January. Free. Call 800-752-6118. Visit www.leesburgfirstfriday.com.
Guided Nature or History Hikes for all ages at Claude Moore Park, 21544 Old Vestals Gap Road, Sterling. Nature hikes, Frogshackle Cabin Nature Center, history hikes and special request programs for school groups, scouts, community organizations, adults and families are available on a variety of topics throughout the year. Programs designed to foster an appreciation of Loudoun County's natural and cultural resources in a fun and informative way. Cost is $3.50 per person for a group tour, with a minimum charge of $35. Call 571-258-3700 for reservations.
Loudoun Bluegrass Association. Weekly acoustic jam session held every Tuesday night, 7-8:30 p.m., at the Morningside House Retirement Center, 316 Harrison St. in Leesburg. All bluegrass/country musicians, singers and spectators are welcome. Free. Call Randy Kenyon
Sterling Library, 120 Enterprise St., will have a story time, every second Saturday of the month, at 11 a.m. Includes stories, music and activities. The story time is recommended for ages 2-5. Visit www.lcpl.lib.va.us.
The Senior Center at Cascades Marketplace, 21060 Whitfield Place, holds a potluck/bingo every second Tuesday, at 5:30 p.m. Bring a dish to share and a small gift bag to give away as prizes. 703-430-2397.
The Lucketts Community Center, 42361 Lucketts Road, offers toddler story hour, every Tuesday, 9:15-10 a.m., for ages 1.5-5 years old. For caregiver and child and includes lively stories, movement, music and more. $6. Preregister by calling 703-771-5281.
Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum, 21668 Heritage Farm Lane, Sterling, is open Tuesdays-Saturdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; as well as Sundays, noon-5 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, $3 for children 2-12 and free for children under 2. On permanent display is "The Country People" where visitors travel through time and experience the past 300 years of agricultural history through 10 generations of Loudoun County residents. The Claude Moore children's Farm is an interactive exhibit area for children and their families. Visit www.loudounfarmmuseum.org or call 703-421-5322.