The Bluemont Concert Series announces its 2009 season of Sunday evening concerts moving this year to grounds of the Dodona Manor in downtown, historic Leesburg.
All are welcome to these family-oriented events and are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on and a picnic to enjoy before the show. Admission is $5 per person, $4 for Bluemont Friends and seniors, $2 for kids 12 and under; proceeds go to support Bluemont’s year-round Artist-In-Education program in area schools. All concerts begin at 7 p.m.
No pets, alcohol or smoking are allowed. In bad weather, the concerts will be held indoors at Smart’s Mill Middle School. For more information, contact the Bluemont office at 540-338-4640 or visit www.bluemont.org.
* Sunday, July 5 — Daryl Davis Band — Boogie Woogie Rock
* Sunday, July 12 — Gold Heart — bluegrass
* Sunday, July 19 — Martinsburg Jazz Orchestra — big band
* Sunday, July 26 — Pan Masters — Caribbean, island music and dance
* Sunday, Aug. 2 — The Lindsay Family — brass ensemble
* Sunday, Aug. 9 — Flaming Shillelaghs — Celtic music and dance
* Sunday, Aug. 16 — Dixie Power Trio — New Orleans zydeco
* Sunday, Aug. 23 — The Taters — oldtime country rock