For nine days in October, Alexandriaâ€™s Boutique Week will offer 50 more reasons to shop in Alexandria. From Saturday, Oct. 10, through Sunday, Oct. 18, retailers throughout the city will offer discounts and complimentary gifts with visit or purchase of clothing, accessories, home dÃ©cor, art, food and wine. Even the dog can get a deal.
A full list of Boutique Week offers and a downloadable entry form can be found at www.AlexandriaBoutiqueWeek.com.
Sampling of the deals offered during Alexandria Boutique Week:
<lst>* Free gift with purchase at Hysteria and The Shoe Hive;
* 10 percent off purchase and free gift at Mint Condition, a new, upscale consignment boutique;
* 15 percent off purchase at Apple Seed Maternity and Baby Boutique;
* 10 percent off $75 purchase at Bloomers, an underwear, loungewear and sleepwear boutique;
* 20 percent off purchase at Mondayâ€™s Child, a childrenâ€™s boutique selling classic clothes;
* Free gift with $25 purchase at Elinor Coleman Vintage Mirage, a vintage clothing and jewelry boutique featuring items from the Victorian era to the present;
* Free gift with $100 purchase at Treat;
<ro>Beauty and Accessories
<lst>* 15 percent off jewelry at The Antique Guild;
* 10 percent off purchase and free jewelry cleaning at Lawrence Miller & Co.;
* 15 percent off Longchamp handbags, luggage and accessories at Embellishments of Alexandria;
* Free goodie bag of deluxe-size samples with $50 purchase at Bellacara, a bath and body care boutique;
<lst>* Free gift with $100 purchase at Red Barn Mercantile;
* 25 percent off sale items at Decorium Gift & Home;
* 20 percent off entire store at Conradâ€™s Furniture Gallery;
<ro>Art and History
<lst>* $10 off original artwork at The Art League Gallery;
* 10 percent off purchases of $50 or more at Arts Afire Glass Studio;
* 20 percent off purchase at the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum Store and at the Historic Alexandria History Center and Museum Store;
* Free gift with $15 purchase at The Virginia Shop;
<ro>Food and Wine
<lst>* Spend $30 at ACKC in Del Ray and get a $15 gift card;
* 50 percent off second entrÃ©e or 20 percent off retail purchase at Grape + Bean;
* 15 percent off purchase of $50 at La Cuisine, The Cookâ€™s Resource;
* 10 percent off any bulk candy purchase at The Sugar Cube;
<lst>* 15 percent off on one pound our more assorted gourmet dog biscuits or buy two 14 oz. bags of Zanadoo dog biscuits get one free at Chateau Animaux;
* 15 percent off dog costumes at Barkley Square;
Along with the Boutique Week specials, one lucky shopper with walk away with a grand prize shopping package worth over $1,000 and includes a one-night stay at the Morrison House hotel, located in historic Old Town Alexandria, and an Alexandria shopping spree.
To be eligible for the drawing, download the entry form at www.AlexandriaBoutiqueWeek.com and get it stamped by at five of the participating retailers. The form must be submitted by Sunday, Oct. 18, in one of three ways: (1) drop off flyer at participating shops or at the (2) Alexandria Visitor Center at Ramsay House at 221 King Street, Alexandria; or (3) mail to ACVA at 421 King Street, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314.