<cal1>Oct. 13-Nov. 21
<cal2>12th International Festival of Hispanic Theater. Six troupes from Argentina (Buenos Aires and Cordoba), Colombia, Dominican Republic, U.S.A., Uruguay and Venezuela. At Gunston Arts Center, Theater Two, 2700 S. Lang Street, Arlington. Tickets are regular $30; students and senior citizens, $25; ‘3-ticket pass' for $80/$65 and Full Festival Pass for $150/$125. Call 703-548-3092 or 202-882-6227; www.teatrodelaluna.org.
Following is the Calendar of Events for the Festival:
Tuesday, Oct. 13, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. — Opening Night Reception, Residence of the Ambassador of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, 2443 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. (by invitation only).
Oct. 15, 16, 17, 8 p.m. — COLOMBIA: El Insomnio Americano (The American Insomnia), starring Saulo García, a Colombian living in Miami, is a comedy about the arrival in the U.S. of thousands of immigrants from all over Latin America.
Oct. 17, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Troupe: Los Ojos del Hermano Eterno
Oct. 22, 23, 8 p.m. — ARGENTINA (Buenos Aires): Abanico de Soltera (Fan of a Single Woman) Dramatic poem for one voice written by Andrea Juliá.
Oct. 24, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Troupe: Grupo TeaTeatro
Oct. 29, 30, 8 p.m. — URUGUAY: Zapatos Andaluces (Walking in Light) by Laura Echenique.
Oct. 31, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Troupe: Teatro del Sur
Nov. 5, 6, 8 p.m. — DOMINICAN REPUBLIC: Nuestra Señora de las Nubes (Our Lady of the Clouds) by Arístides Vargas.
Nov. 7, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Troupe: Teatro Guloya
Nov. 7 and 14, 11.30 a.m. — U.S.A.: El Gato y la Gaviota (The Cat and the Seagull) by Jacqueline Briceño, based on ‘The Story of the Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her How to Fly’ by Luis Sepúlveda. Troupe: Teatro de la Luna
Nov. 12, 13, 8 p.m. — VENEZUELA: Dra. Sexo (Dr. Sex) by Aníbal Grunn and Flor Núñez from a free adaptation of Tengamos el Sexo en Paz (Let’s Have Sex in Peace)
Nov. 14, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. by Dario Fo. Troupe: Ff Theatrical Productions, Inc.
Nov. 19, 20, 8 p.m. — ARGENTINA (Cordoba): La Cáscara del Huevo (The Eggshell) by Daniela Trakál and Matías Ibarra.
Nov. 21, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Troupe: Grupo Kill Bob
* Tickets are Regular $30; Students and Seniors over 60, $25
* $10 discount when buying three tickets for three different plays (3-Ticket Pass)
* Save up to $30 when buying six tickets for six different plays, invitation for the opening reception and a ticket for El Gato y la Gaviota/The Cat and the Seagull (Full Festival Pass)
* Theater for Children tickets: Adults $10; children 4 and under free
* School performances - call office for hours and availability
* Post-Performance Discussions every Friday Night
* Live English Dubbing free
* Childcare available during Sat. matinees, 24 notice required, $10 per child
INFORMATION and RESERVATIONS: 703-548-3092 / 202-882-6227
Email: email@example.com www.teatrodelaluna.org