<hd>Melodies for Summer
<sh>Free concerts Thursdays at Frying Pan Farm Park.
<bt>On July 24, the feathered and furry residents of Kidwell Farm, and a large group of community members were treated to the Calypso tunes of Sir Alan and the Calypso Ponzi Schemers. This concert was the third in the Hunter Mill Melodies at Frying Pan Park series, a summer-long free concert series made possible through the efforts of the Hunter Mill District Supervisor, Friends of Hunter Mill Melodies and a number of corporate sponsors. The community is invited to pack a picnic dinner and come down to enjoy the concerts on Thursdays, 7:30 p.m., at the Frying Pan Farm Park, 2709 West Ox Road, Herndon,
The upcoming concerts include:
* July 1: Swing Shift (swing).
* July 8: Company Store (old-time fiddling & country humor)
* July 15: Fairfax Symphony Orchestra’s Dixieland Band (dixieland)
* July 22: Steep Canyon Rangers (bluegrass)
* July 22: Alexandria Kleztet (Klezmer)
* August 5: United States Navy Band "Cruisers" (pop/rock)
* August 12: Elvis Tribute Band – Jed Duvall Band
* August 19: Korean Cultural Heritage Night (Korean dance & music)
* August 26: The Hall Monitors (rhythm and blues)
For more information about the series and upcoming performances, go to: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/performances.