Dates: Friday, June 25 - Saturday, July 24, at dusk (approx. 8:30 p.m.) Free.
Where: Lubber Run Amphitheatre, Columbus & N. 2nd Streets, Arlington. Call 703-228-1850.
Former Arlington Film Commissioner and movie buff Rob Farr will open the film series with a survey of movies and TV shows that have filmed scenes at Arlington's tourist attractions, military sites and residential areas to good effect for over 100 years. Using film clips and photographs, Rob will present a tour of Arlington as seen through the eyes of Hollywood producers in ways both novel and creative. For example, the West Wing TV series was filmed at the former Newseum in Rosslyn (soon to be opened as the Artisphere) about 10 years ago. Martin Sheen playing the President was assassinated there (but survived).
* Friday, June 25: "Breach," filmed on location in Arlington (PG-13).
* Saturday, June 26: "Heaven Can Wait," with Arlingtonian Warren Beatty (PG)
* Friday, July 9: "A Clear and Present Danger," filmed on location in Arlington (PG-13)
* Saturday, July 10: "Sweet Charity," with Arlingtonian Shirley MacLaine (G)
* Friday, July 23: "Mission Impossible III," filmed on location in Arlington (PG-13)
* Saturday, July 24: "Shark Tales," with Arlingtonian Katie Couric (PG)