The Great Falls Foundation for the Arts’ school, which they hope to eventually move to a center for the arts at Turner Farm.
COLVIN RUN COMMUNITY DANCE HALL
Colvin Run Community Dance Hall, 10201 Colvin Run Road, Great Falls. The historic dance hall, previously known as the Colvin Run Schoolhouse, welcomes guests for active social events. All dances are hosted by the Colvin Run Citizens Association, a 501(c)(3) public charity. 703-759-2685 or http://www.colvinrun.org/.
- Dancing at the Colvin Run Community Hall. Most dances are preceded by a lesson; ballroom dance is on the first Saturday of each month; other dance styles such as tango, West Coast swing, and lindy, occur throughout the month.
GREAT FALLS STUDIOS
GFS manages the exhibits at Starbucks Coffee, 9863 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls; Katie’s Coffee House, 760 Walker Road, Great Falls; and Seneca Hill Animal Hospital, Resort, and Spa, 11415 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls. Other venues where GFS holds events and hosts exhibits: Village Green Day School, 790 Walker Road, Great Falls; The Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls; and the Artist’s Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Great Falls. The organization promotes the artistic endeavors of Great Falls artists through its network of continuous communication among the members, its contact with other community organizations, its several annual exhibitions, and other events in the community. www.greatfallsstudios.com/.
- Great Falls Studios 10th Anniversary Celebration. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., The Great Falls Library. A celebration of the 10th Anniversary of Great Falls Studios at a special all-day event and exhibition; refreshments available.
- Great Falls 10th Annual Studio Tour. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The artists of Great Falls Studios open their studios to the public to demonstrate their techniques and exhibit their latest work.
- Starbucks Coffee: Revolving Student Art Exhibition. Starbucks Coffee. Exhibition of art by students of Colvin Run Elementary School, Forestville Elementary School, and Great Falls Elementary School.
- Katie’s Coffee House: Revolving Art Exhibition. Katie’s Coffee House. Exhibition of art by one or more members of Great Falls Studios.
- Great Falls Foundation for the Arts “Atelier”: Revolving Art Exhibition. Artist’s Atelier. Constantly changing art exhibition by 14 painters in a loft studio.
- Seneca Hill Animal Hospital: Revolving Art Exhibition. Seneca Hill Animal Hospital. Exhibition of art by one or more members of Great Falls Studios.
FAIRFAX SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, 3905 Railroad Ave., Fairfax. The Fairfax Symphony Orchestra aims to present orchestral music to the audiences of Northern Virginia. 703-563-1990 or www.fairfaxsymphony.org/.
- Ricardo Morales, Clarinet. 8 p.m. The principal clarinetist of the Philadelphia orchestra performs Beethoven’s “Symphony No. 7” and Copland’s “Music for the Theatre” and “Clarinet Concerto.” Price to be determined.
- Tony Arnold, Soprano. 8 p.m. The award-winning soprano presents Haydn’s “Symphony No. 60, ‘Il Distratto,’” Stravinsky’s “Pulcinella Suite,” and the world premiere of Theofanidis’s “Ordo Virtutem.” Price to be determined.
- Carrie Koffman, Saxophone. 8 p.m. The internationally renowned saxophonist performs Grieg’s “Peer Gynt: Suite No. 1,” Larry Alan Smith’s “Concerto for Soprano Saxophone and Strings,” and Rachmaninov’s “Symphonic Dances.” Price to be determined.
Saturday-Sunday/Jan. 18-19, 2014
- William Hite, Tenor. 8 p.m. on Jan. 18, 2 p.m. on Jan. 19. The nationally recognized performer presents Elgar’s “Serenade for Strings,” Britten’s “Serenade for Tenor, Horn, and Strings,” Shostakovich’s “Chamber Symphony in C Minor,” and Britten’s “Simple Symphony.” Price to be determined.
ADRIENNE'S ART STUDIO ON THE GREEN
Art Studio On the Green, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls. Adrienne’s Art Studio on the Green in Great Falls offers art workshops and lessons for locals. artstudioonthegreen.com/.
GREAT FALLS FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS (GFFFTA)
Great Falls Foundation for the Arts Gallery, 1144 Walker Road, Great Falls. The Great Falls Foundation for the Arts offers art workshops and an impressive art gallery. http://www.greatfallsart.org/.
THE ARTIST'S ATELIER
The Artist’s Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls. The Artist’s Atelier is a working studio that holds the work of Great Falls’ talented artists. http://theartistsatelier.wordpress.com/about/.
DYNAMITE PERFORMING ARTS
Paula S Fantasy Theatre, 1087 Manning St., Great Falls. Dynamite Performing Arts brings dance and entertainment to residents of Great Falls. 703-759-3972.
THE SCHOOL OF THEATRICAL DANCE
The School of Theatrical Dance, 760 Walker Road, Great Falls. The School of Theatrical Dance in Great Falls showcases dances in ballet and tap, as well as offering exercises like aerobics and Zumba. 571-732-3744 or www.theatricaldance.com/.