Nancy Wood of Herndon, Dottie Bartholomew of Stuart, Fla., Debbi Perla of Westminster, Md., and Kelly Burishkin of Acushnet, Mass, enjoy the concert.
Photo by Steve Hibbard.
The bands Six to Midnight and Crazy in Stereo performed for free at Friday Night Live! last Friday, July 15 at the Town Green in downtown Herndon. Most of the bands play rock and roll covers from classic to modern rock. They also offer some variety with a little reggae, funk and original music thrown in. During the concerts, food and beer trucks are parked nearby and sell their goods along the Green. During the summer, bands perform for free on Fridays at 6:30 p.m. at 777 Lynn Street in downtown Herndon. The concerts are sponsored by Volkswagen Group of America. For more details, visit www.Herndonrocks.com. The schedule for the remaining of the summer is as follows:
- July 22 -- The Reflex (1980s music)
- July 29 -- Herr Metal + Dr FU (German 80s rock band)
- August 5 -- Sam Grow + Delta Spur (a Nashville singer)
- August 12 -- Love Seed Mama Jump (six-piece pop rock band)
- August 19 -- For the Win (high-energy party band)
- August 26 -- The Vigilantes (top-40 dance classics)