Potomac resident Barry Perlis has been re-elected President of local nonprofit Potomac Community Village (PCV).
Other officers elected include:
• Vice President Joan Kahn, a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland;
• Vice President Jill Phillips, a co-owner with her husband John of the Squeals on Wheels Petting Zoo;
• Treasurer Leonard Cahan, Rabbi Emeritus of Potomac’s Congregation Har Shalom;
• Secretary Shirley Dominitz, one of the founders of Potomac Community Village;
• Assistant Treasurer Owen Ritter, another PCV founder.
New to PCV’s board of directors this year are: Marla Cohen, who coordinates PCV’s Help Desk; Meryl Cohen, who coordinates refreshments for meetings and also serves on the Program Team; Thalia Meltz, also a Program Team member, and Scott Brown and Eddie Rivas, both serving as at-large board members. The new term for PCV’s officers and board starts on July 1.
Potomac Community Village is a volunteer nonprofit group that provides social, educational and wellness activities with a mission of enabling Potomac residents to remain in their homes as they age, and be contributing members of our community. Members are linked with neighbors who provide assistance when needed with transportation, computer problems, simple household chores and other services. Its service area is the 20854 zip code. PCV is part of a nation-wide movement of more than 450 Villages, with close to 60 in the Washington, D.C. area, of which 20 are in Montgomery County. For more information, www.PotomacCommunityVillage.org, or 240-221-1370.