Dada Suvak of Reston instructing Nicole Springer (Sterling), during her riding lesson at Spirit Equestrian in Frying Pan Park in Herndon. Suvak is founder and director of Spirit.
Photo by Joan Brady/Joan Brady Photography
Here are links to the articles in Horses and the People they Help: A Six-Part Series by Joan Brady:
• Horses and the People They Help If you aren't familiar with how horses are helping people, read on.
• Horses as Co-Therapists? Introducing Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
• Turning Possible into Possibilities When therapy was needed during quarantine, Sprouts provided a way.
• Talking to Ty The 21-year-old Paint Gelding is a great listener.
• Leading by Example Equine Assisted Learning teaches critical life skills.
• ‘I Don't Care If the Horse Poops on Me!’ One mom's commitment to helping her son to get back to therapeutic riding.