(From left) Vanessa Spiller and BethAnn Telford last May at Washington, D.C.’s Race for Hope. Telford gave Spiller the "Pick Your Fight" shirt to honor them both and what they’re battling.

Run a Race, Help Save Lives

5K in honor of two local women.

After surviving breast cancer, chemotherapy and radiation, Centreville’s Vanessa Spiller is doing well and hopes to soon receive a clean bill of health from her doctor.

Comments

mipsda 11 months, 1 week ago

I cannot put into words how much I admire Vanessa Spiller and BethAnn Telford. Their courage and determination in fighting cancer has showed me that there is power and strength in us as a species. I've read her story on the teleradiology site and I was honestly moved by her commitment to making this world a better place.

iuliancezar 10 months ago

This is such a nice picture! You can really see that they love each other and i wonder why they have such smooth skin. It may be from the sun or maybe it's just the inner beauty that shows through her smile.

iuliancezar 9 months, 4 weeks ago

I always thought that My Life will be a strange box full of different events that make me evolve but now i realize that everything that is happening while i live is actually outside the box. Because i am careful to choose the right events, the ones that make me happy.

crazysony 9 months, 3 weeks ago

This is a very interesting story. I've had breast cancer and after four years of chemotherapy the doctor told me that I am cured. Now I am organizing my life together with my family and we will travel to London in order to spend a vacation there.

Vanessa Spiller and BethAnn Telford look happy and healthier than ever, they could be the new teeth now models if they wanted. I love Vanessa's example of faith and strength, it wasn't easy for her to fight cancer, and she never lost hope during chemo and all the months of recovery.

I really like how people are willing to do something in order to help other people. This really restores my faith in humanity as Ryan Deiss once told me. I used to run with my mother in our city marathon too a few years ago and i can't wait to do this again.

iuliancezar 9 months, 1 week ago

My mother recently survived cancer too but she is left without hair and not she is trying the nioxin system in order to win back her beautiful long hair. I hope that this will work because we have tried everything and i really wish to see a smile like that on her face too.

crazyhowell 9 months, 1 week ago

I appreciate a lot this quality post and I consider that this is a powerful woman, who suffered a lot and wants to share people her experience and to encourage them to have a healthy lifestyle.I am working to a radiance medical center and I had a lot of patients suffering of breast cancer who struggled to fight with this terrible disease.

iuliancezar 9 months ago

I was reading something about kratom full spectrum tincture and i think that i will try it to one day. I really liked running a few years ago but since i got sick i couldn't move as much i used to.

mike 9 months ago

This was an amazing initiative. I participated at a similar event during my vacation. After I came home all the fun was gone because my home gave homeworks to do. She said that I have to do it in order to avoid Brain drain during school vacation

crazysony 8 months, 4 weeks ago

I've graduated medicine few years ago and I work as a Trillium Dental specialist. As a doctor I am aware that it is very difficult to fight with cancer and those who recover are real winners. Fighting against cancer is like running in a marathon without a finish line.

mike 8 months, 3 weeks ago

This was an amazing initiative. I participated at a similar event during my vacation. After I came home all the fun was gone because my teacher gave me homeworks to do. She said that I have to do it in order to avoid Brain drain during school vacation

crazysony 8 months ago

My sister is working as a dentist Tucson and she taught me how important is to prevent diseases in order to have a long and healthy life. She suffered of breast cancer and after long sessions of radiotherapy and chemotherapy she reached to win the battle with this terrible disease but her life changed completely. Now she is involved in many cancer prevention campaigns and people appreciate her a lot.

Cancer is a horrible disease. I lost my grandmother an I almost lost my sister to it. the good thing is that there are a lot of ways of diagnosing the disease in time now, with chemical markers, and meiji microscope screening. If you catch it early, the chances of survival grow significantly.

mike 7 months ago

What a great initiative. I think it feels great to help the others. More people should do Charity actions because outside our own world exist a lot of people that needs it.

henjons88 7 months ago

My sister also survived cancer. And, as we went from doctor to doctor, we were lucky enough to run into Ronald Glousman, who really motivated us and changed our perspective on the disease.

crazysony 6 months, 3 weeks ago

This is a great and interesting post! I am working as a dentistry and I am aware of how important is to prevent cancer as it is a terrible disease that may cause death.

I've seen both Vanessa and BethAnn Telford last june at Washington, D.C.’s Race for Hope, and their story has inspired me. I support the idea to "Pick Your Fight", I've seen it at neck pain NJ on a poster and I think it has a strong message to it.

I think it's very important to feel good about yourself, whether or not you've been to MIA. Unfortunately, this has become a luxury nowadays. If you find Adidas footwear that make you feel confident, you should ditch the fancy shoes for them.

Running is such a great way of celebrating life, your body, and of showing your support for a cause. I also read that running can reduce the risk of a heart attack and if done every day, it's most likely to improve your happiness, well-being and longevity.