August 6, 2012
Theresa Ryland explains the story of the Colvin Run Schoolhouse, now the Colvin Run Community Hall, and the challenges people faced at the turn of the century, while Sean Beyer and Katherine Burke consider the implications for their properties. Beyer researched the history of Colvin Run Road and the Cockerill House, and Burke researched the Leigh House, now Dante’s Restaurant.
Stories this photo appears in:
Great Falls Historical Society summer interns to present their research on Sept. 12.
The Colvin Run Road we know today was originally the Alexandria-Leesburg Turnpike before it was re-routed to the Route 7 location in 1941. The road dates back to 1732 and is the only remaining portion of the roadbed engineered in 1834.