Chantilly Man Dead; Suspect Is In Custody

Chantilly Man Dead; Suspect Is In Custody


A Chantilly man is dead – and his suspected killer is in custody – after a shooting, last Thursday, July 6, in a parking garage in the McNair neighborhood of Oak Hill. The victim was Robert Fisher, 37, and the alleged shooter was identified as Major Feheem Stokes, 40, of Oak Hill. 

Preliminarily, detectives determined both men were longtime friends/associates. Fairfax County police responded at 11:07 p.m. to a parking garage in the 13300 block of Launders St., after receiving a report of a man who’d been shot. There, they discovered Fisher with gunshot wounds to his upper body. Fire and Rescue personnel declared him deceased at the scene.

As officers searched the area for the suspect, Major Feheem Stokes, 40, of Herndon, allegedly contacted police and identified himself as the shooter. Officers found Stokes in the 13300 block of Coppermine Road and arrested him without incident. 

Police say the two men got into an argument in the garage, where “Stokes [reportedly] shot Fisher, then fled to a nearby townhome where he was arrested.” Detectives continue to investigate to determine the circumstances that led to the shooting. 

Stokes was charged with second-degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He has a criminal history in Fairfax County, with several prior arrests on charges including drug possession, resisting arrest and carrying a concealed weapon. He was arraigned last Friday, July 7, on the two newest charges and is being held without bond in the Adult Detention Center, pending his Sept. 18 court date. 

During a July 7 press conference, Fairfax County Police Chief Kevin Davis gave further details of the incident. “Fisher’s daughter, a juvenile, was nearby, heard the shots and was the first to call 911,” he said. “And shortly thereafter, our [alleged] shooter, Stokes, called 911, himself, and [reportedly] made admissions to the 911 call taker that he was involved in the shooting of his associate.”

When police responded to the scene, said Davis, they recognized Stokes as “someone they knew, went to a location they suspected he went to, and safely took him into custody.” The Chief said the circumstances leading up to the fatal shooting “are still being sorted out” and police have not yet recovered the murder weapon.

“So we’re looking for places in the community where that handgun may have been discarded, thrown, ditched,” continued Davis. “Anyone with any information of its whereabouts, we’re encouraging them to call and speak to our detectives.”

In addition, anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Major Crimes Bureau at 703-246-7800, option 2. Tips may also be submitted anonymously via Crime Solvers by phoning 1-866-411-TIPS (866-411-8477).