How often does a young, single, professional person have the desire and capacity to become a foster parent? Claudia Morales of Arlington did. Nine...
Michael Cutler is 2nd Vice Commander and Avenue of Flags coordinator at The Wayne M. Kidwell American Legion Post 184 Herndon-Reston. In preparat...
Christy Zeitz is CEO of the Fellowship Square Foundation (Fellowship). The nonprofit organization owns and operates the two aging 1970s e...
The outpouring of generosity in our community during the COVID-19 pandemic has been incredible. I continue to learn of people who have responded in...
- Why You Need To Keep Your Marketing During A Crisis 0 comments
- 13th Annual Exceptional Schools Fair 2019 0 comments
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- Al Fresco Pandemic
- New Mayor to Work for #OneVienna
- Harmon, Ross Join Incumbents on Fairfax City Council
- Fairfax County Supervisors Approve Budget Plan, Fairfax RISE
- Chantilly Native Volunteering for Better Community
- Golf Courses Get Opening Green Light in Fairfax County
- In Arlington: Round and Round and Round and.......
- Living Legends of 2020
- A Special Win for Michael Wardian
- Springfield Cab Driver Holds 5 Guinness World Records
- Opinion: Commentary: Hate Has No Place Here
- Northern Virginia Teens Weigh in on Reopening the Region
- Opinion: Column: Time Will Have Been Told
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Local TraceX Team Develops Contact Tracing App
- Opinion: Commentary: Where Should the NVTA Spend $500 Million of Your Money?
Arlington's foster parent program will face major need post-pandemic.
How often does a young, single, professional person have the desire and capacity to become a foster parent? Claudia Morales of Arlington did. Nine times. Morales was officially approved in 2015 to become a foster parent, and since then she has had 9 children join her family.
Memorial Day 2020
Michael Cutler is 2nd Vice Commander and Avenue of Flags coordinator at The Wayne M. Kidwell American Legion Post 184 Herndon-Reston. In preparation for Memorial Day Observances, he and others usually gathered at dawn at Chestnut Grove Cemetery in the Town of Herndon. In two-person teams, in all types of weather, Veterans and volunteers dropped poles into the ground. Then they raised the 64 casket flags in their care donated by families of interred veterans, creating an Avenue of Flags, a patriotic feature flanking the entrance into the cemetery: 2020 was different.
Long-awaited $86 million project commences this summer.
Christy Zeitz is CEO of the Fellowship Square Foundation (Fellowship). The nonprofit organization owns and operates the two aging 1970s era buildings that make up the Lake Anne Fellowship House on North Shore Drive in Reston. On Friday, May 22, Fellowship and Enterprise Community Development (Enterprise) announced they closed on the innovative $86 million development plan for the New Lake Anne House in Reston, built along North Shore Drive near the intersection with Village Road.
The outpouring of generosity in our community during the COVID-19 pandemic has been incredible. I continue to learn of people who have responded in remarkable ways to the needs that have been brought on by the quarantine or that have been recognized as a result of our having to stay home.
Restaurants eye parking lots and sidewalks as potential outdoor dining spots.
In normal times, the parking lot behind the Del Ray Cafe gives the restaurant a competitive advantage. Drivers can turn off East Howell Avenue and pull into one of the dozen spaces behind the 1925 house that’s been repurposed into a thriving restaurant. These days, the parking lot is giving the restaurant a different competitive advantage, one that nobody saw coming a few months ago.