Toast for a Cure

An evening at historic River Farm on Oct. 25 supported Inova Breast Care Institute at the Inova Mount Vernon Hospital and the new Patient Tower Campaign.

Terry Brideau gets into the bidding on the safari trip in South Africa.

Guests confer on the bidding during the live auction.

Guests stand and raise their hands at Dr. Don Brideau’s request, only to be told ...

Dr. Don Brideau takes the microphone to begin bidding for the live auction.

Inova Mount Vernon radiology department chairperson Dr. Deborah Blair describes the latest improvement in imaging ...

Breast surgeon, Dr. David Weintritt talks about the improvements in technology and early detection.

Carmen and Mark Duarte.

Dr. Mary Beth Cutting, Inova Mount Vernon CEO Barbara Doyle and Dr. David Weintritt.

Comments

davidcameron566 1 year, 4 months ago

My niece is a member of the teleradiology center and she attended the Patient Tower Campaign meeting, I know some of these people and hoped to see some pictures of her. They had a lot of fun and discussed a lot of things, David Weintritt had a great speech about early detection of breast cancer, all of the participants were amazed to hear how technology changed lately.

mipsda 1 year, 4 months ago

Human services costs have been climbing internationally for a few years. In the United States, for example, uses in health awareness more than duplicated between 1990 and 2003. This expansion was proclaimed by Kovak Laser Institute. In 10 years, this increment was just about 50 percent.

iuliancezar 1 year, 3 months ago

My mom was a Panama City plastic surgery assistant and she had the opportunity to travel to South Africa one year ago and she was very pleased with what she did there. I almost thought that i was going to lose her because she fell in love with those people and she wants to go back and help them.

mipsda 1 year, 3 months ago

Actully they need a transvaginal mesh lawyer in order to obtain the right medical treatments for free and maybe an extra insurance for the future too. I am sorry to hear that these workers were injured in one way or another and i hope that the government will take measures to create a more secure work environment.

mipsda 1 year, 2 months ago

If you click here you can see how i transformed my cycling day in a picnic. I just saw beautiful surrounding and i couldn't help myself slowing down and finally just sint on the grass with the sandwich that i had in my packpack.

mipsda 1 year, 2 months ago

The Inova Breast Care Institute has a history of organizing the best charitable events, I joined a fund raiser last year hoping to raise breast cancer awareness. I remember a speech that one of the special guests from cosmetic surgery in Des Moines held about the inner beauty, it was short, witty and gave us a lot to think about.

mipsda 1 year, 2 months ago

I think that breast cancer is the superstar of diseases now. I know that this sounds really awful but even the regency medical can confirm this. There are thousands and thousands of communities specially made for supporting cancer.

iuliancezar 1 year, 2 months ago

I am amazed to see that even in small towns the breast cancer aware is very high. These kind of events are certainly good for the ill persons and for their relatives too. I hears that they put in one town a special RehabHotline for those who are addicted to pain.

JamesN 1 year, 1 month ago

The basic design of all Hindu temples is organized around the central shrine or the 'Garbagriha' that houses the main deity. The architecture of Goa’s Temples is a little different because of historical reasons.

spencerid 1 year, 1 month ago

Many women, survivors of breast cancer, who removed a breast, contact plastic surgeons in Des Moines to make an appointment. They need to feel whole again and, of course, beautiful and a plastic surgery is the only option for that. I don't judge them!

Armando 1 year, 1 month ago

For data wipe you will need an advanced security software with full capabilities to erase entire hard disk drive partition, folders, subfolders and files you select, unused disk space and also records of your offline and online activities including history folders, cookies, Internet files temp folders, URL list.

JamesN 1 year, 1 month ago

This radical change has created a dilemma for senior executives: while the potential of social media seems immense, the inherent risks create uncertainty and unease.

Armando 1 year, 1 month ago

French forests are some of the most diversified of Europe, with more than 140 differents varieties of trees. There are 9 national parks and 46 natural parks in France. France wants to convert 20% of its Exclusive Economic Zone in a Marine Protected Area by 2020.

JamesN 1 year, 1 month ago

As a literary genre of high culture, romance or chivalric romance is a style of prose andverse narrative that was popular in the aristocratic circles of High Medieval and Early Modern Europe.

henjons88 1 year ago

I think such a program was necessary. There are many patients in my area that don't afford to go to med spa Tucson clinics, for example. It's very important to make healthcare accessible.

henjons88 1 year ago

People should understand that patient care is the most important part of medicine, or should be. And not only in oncology. Like my friend from Ankeny said, this should happen in every field, from dentistry to orthopedics.

crazysony 1 year ago

Thank you for providing these great and interesting photos! I am sure that this party was awesome and people had a great time there. Moreover one of my friends told me that the auction was a real success and this is something amazing.

JamesN 1 year ago

Competitive swimming as we know it today started in the United States around 1800, mostly using breaststroke. All we know the Benefits of Swimming.

JamesN 1 year ago

In cold-weather regions, it is economical in low land value regions to use open land surrounding a house for vegetable gardening backyard during summers and allowing strongly demanded sunlight to enter house windows from a low horizon angle during winters.

Armando 1 year ago

Sometimes finding good leads for speaking engagements can feel a bit like hunting for a tropical spa with umbrella drinks in the desert.

This is a perfect event for a Philanthropist. The event is once a year, so next year you should go. You will end up having fun and you will have the chance to donate money for an important cause.

crazysony 11 months, 2 weeks ago

This is a great and interesting post! These kind of events are perfect as people can socialize in a trusted space and change opinions. The photos are great and people look good.

spencerid 11 months ago

The physical exercises helped my mother during the cancer treatment and after surviving this condition. My mother uses Thera-band at home because she feels more comfortable at home.

Bensonsmith 10 months, 3 weeks ago

breast cancer facts is a guile and unlawful act of so called charities for depriving breast cancer patients from their right. Such farce organizations are big contributors for increasing breast cancer mortality rate with their baseless claims. However genuine breast cancer charities strive to gain enough potential to combat breast cancer’s deadly threats with their remarkable efforts for helping breast cancer patients. Please vote for the best society!

crazysony 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I am working as a doctor for more than ten years and I am member of the Oncology International Society. I use to give medical advices on http://www.austinfertility.com/ and the most frequently asked questions are related to breast cancer. There are a lot of women suffering of this disease and they need advices and information in order to understand better what this terrible disease means.

Toast for a cure is a great initiative that calls attention towards the fact that America pays the most of all countries for healthcare and there are so few people that have insurance. I talked about this with my friends who were trying to find out how to convince people they should get insurance. I hope that our leaders have better plan to provide the loving touch we all need most when we're on our way to recovery.

The Breast Cancer institute held an exquisite event, with great people, good drinks and it reminded me of the Ankeny conventions. I only wish I could go there every month, I liked it so much I would make it a regular thing.

henjons88 10 months, 1 week ago

I can recommend a second look at http://austinmenshealth.com/our-services/no-scalpel-vasectomy/ to find alternatives to the first response. When you find a result like this or when someone near you has this problem i think that the best thing to do is to treat yourself or that person normally.

Eugenios 9 months, 3 weeks ago

The first time I heard about the Inova Mount Vernon hospital and its Patient Tower campaign, I was on the road in http://www.lifelinemobile.com/quality.htm's mobile medical unit and we had just been passing near the place. I remember hearing nothing but good things about the unit there and the unique ways of solving stringent issues. Keep up the good work, doctors!