‘Park After Dark’ Draws Crowds

About 230 people came out to the C&O Historic Great Falls Tavern on Saturday, Oct. 13 for a boot-stompin’ fun-filled evening of music, dancing, chili with all the fixins’, experiential auction items and re-enactments of the Civil War — and all for a good cause.

Fancy Boots (for the boot-stompin’ boogie) sported by Linda Clinch.

Jim Norton accepts the William O. Douglas award from Matt Logan.

Barbara Brown and Linda Clinch

Sarah and Mike Ulica use the towpath almost every day.

The 19th Street Band rocked.

Davey, Jesse and Jennifer Hearn live close to the canal and use it regularly. Davey ...

Churchill High School student Kyle Solomon volunteered to help with the event.

Canal Trust board member Mike Mitchell and his wife Sue.

Re-enactor with the Park Rangers addresses the group. The Civil War re-enactors were volunteers from ...

The fire-pit.

Medical and surgical tools of the Civil War.

Dancing in the dark.

On display, items a re-enactor carries with him.

Comments

iuliancezar 1 year, 3 months ago

These pictures are really nice but i must say that those boots from the first picture are really ugly. They remind me on the ones that someone wore at the heating Delaware convention. Some things shouldn't have a place in stores.

iuliancezar 1 year, 2 months ago

Well i really enjoy these people's happy faces and only because i am a Atlanta workers comp lawyer it doesn't mean that i don't like entertainment besides my job. I wish i could go more often to music festival because that's the place where i feel the safest.

mipsda 1 year, 2 months ago

This is so nice! I think that the first part of MyLife i have spent it in tavern and it was really nice because after work i went there to listen to local artists and drink with friends. You can really meet interesting people in a tavern.

iuliancezar 1 year, 2 months ago

I think i saw some of these people at Tubac Golf Resort and Spa. I really loved it there and i can't wait to go again this year. What i loved the most, like you can see in this article's pictures, the way that the people dress.

iuliancezar 1 year, 2 months ago

And that's how America travels, through fashion and good times. These people really know how to enjoy themselves and i wish i could this too but i have so much to read for my exams. I can't wait to have some free time to enjoy myself a little.

henjons88 1 year ago

I like it when a lot of people gather round for activities like this. Most important, as I learned from a Bob Parks Auction , people come and go, but the ones who matter always stay.