Virginia Hospital Center presents "Health Talks," a free series of informative discussions and screenings led by doctors and other health professionals at the John T. Hazel, M.D., Conference Center, 1701 N. George Mason Drive. Space is limited. Call 1-877-633-6483 or visit www.virginiahospitalcenter.com.
The Arlington Center for Well-Being, at 3800 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 5, offers workshops throughout the year. Call 703-522-7710 to register or confirm times and for fees:
* Inner Transformation, a weekly support group for people who want to look at personal issues that get in the way of healthy relationships. Requires a minimum six-week commitment on Sundays at 5 p.m. Cost is $45 per session.
* Depressives Action Group meets during the day on Wednesdays for people with mild depression. The group provides emotional support, and a task support system will help get through the week. Cost is $30 per session.
* Being Heard, Being Healed is a weekly group that gives members a place to share their stories and experiences for a healing transformation. Meets Thursdays, from 8-10 p.m.
Narcotics Anonymous is a support group for people who want to turn their life around from using drugs. The group meets at Drew Community Center, 3500 S. 24th St., on Tuesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. Call John Robinson at 703-979-7300.
Support for People with Mental Disabilities:
* The Children and Adolescents Network Support Group. Call Ellen Storck at 703-534-3440.
* Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorders. Meets weekly on Wednesdays, from 7-9 p.m., at the Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute, 3302 Gallows Road in Falls Church. Call Shannon Flynn at 703-527-0370.
* Depressive and Manic Depressives. Meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7 p.m. at Falls Church Community Center, 223 N. Little Falls St. in Falls Church. Call Barbara Solow at 703-620-5538 or Marshall Epstein at 703-849-9401.
* Northern Virginia Mental Health Consumers Association. Meets the first Sunday of each month, at 4 p.m., at Independence Center, 3100 Clarendon Blvd. Call 703-978-3017, Ext. 30.