<i>If you would like to submit school announcements, send them to The Arlington Connection at 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102; fax to 703-917-0991; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos, especially color, are appreciated. Deadline is Friday before publication.</i>
<b>Awards & Achievements</b>
<bt>* Lauren E. Wood, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Wood of Arlington has made the Deans List at Furman University For the fall 2001 term.
* Paul-Martin Foss has been named to the Dean's List at the University of the South also known as Sewanee.
* Camilla Barusch of the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology has been selected as a semifinalist in the 2001-02 Intel Science Talent Search for her project, titled "Infared Supernovae Search." Each of the students will receive a $1,000 prize for reaching the semifinals, and the school will also receive $1,000 for each semifinalist to support science and math programs.
* Jennifer Bryson of Coastal Carolina University received a Bachelor of Arts in Education for the Fall 2001 semester.
* Nicholas Allen received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from LeHigh University in Bethlehem Pennsylvania. January 2002.
* Carmen Marc Valvo has been selected to receive the Designer of the Year award at Portfolio in Motion. Marymount University's annual student fashion show. This honor is awarded each year to an outstanding and innovative designer whose creations have captured the imagination of both the fashion industry and the public.
* Steven DeMik was selected as an alternate to represent Valparaiso University for the 2002 Indiana Intercollegiate Honor Band held January 18 in Indianapolis.