Man Arrested for Sexual Assault
<bt>Alexander Holland Jr., 21, of Prince Frederick, Md., was arrested at a residence on the 600 block of Old Hunt Way Friday, Feb. 13, by Herndon Police and charged with two counts of sexual assault on a 14-year-old victim. Holland was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where he was being held on a $20,000 bond.
<bt>* The Herndon Planning Commission will be holding a special public hearing Wednesday, Feb. 18, to gather community input on an application for a waiver to underground power lines for the Herndon Commerce Center project. The hearing will begin at 7:30 p.m., in the Council Chambers, 765 Lynn St.
* A special Town Council strategy session to discuss the fiscal year 2005 budget goals and objectives has been scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 21, from 9 a.m.-noon, in the Council Chambers conference room, 765 Lynn St.
* The Town Council will hold a closed meeting, Tuesday, Feb. 24, beginning at 6:30 p.m., in the Council Chambers conference room to discuss performance reviews of specific public employees. The regularly scheduled business meeting will take place, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
* The Board of Zoning Appeals meeting scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 26 has been canceled.
<bt>Wednesday, Feb. 18, 7 p.m.
ARB/HPRB work session. Herndon Council Chambers conference room, 765 Lynn St.
Wednesday, Feb. 18, 7:30 p.m.
Planning Commission special public hearing, Herndon Commerce Center. Herndon Council Chambers, 765 Lynn St.
Monday, Feb. 23, 7 p.m.
* ARB/HPRB public hearing. Herndon Council Chambers, 765 Lynn St.
* Planning Commission work session. Council Chambers conference room, 765 Lynn St.
Tuesday, Feb. 24, 6:30 p.m.
Town Council closed meeting. Herndon Council Chambers conference room, 765 Lynn St.
Tuesday, Feb. 24, 7:30 p.m.
Town Council regular session. Herndon Council Chambers, 765 Lynn St.
Saturday, Feb. 28, 7 p.m.
Herndon Police 125th anniversary celebration. Hyatt Dulles, 2300 Dulles Corner Blvd. For more information, call Sgt. Jerry Keys, 703-435-6835, or Sgt. Michael Berg, 703-435-6881 ext. 233.