<lst>Know something that should be featured in Faith Notes? Classes? Services? Special events? Send a brief write-up and photos to 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102, fax to 703-917-0991, or write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Jon Whiten at 703-917-6422.
Vienna Presbyterian Church hosts the following events/services. The church is located at 24 Park St. S.E., Vienna. For more, call 703-938-9050 or visit www.viennapres.org.
* Book discussion group. The book club meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. Next month's meeting is Sept. 21. Contact Ronniejean Irvin at 703- 273-4113.
* Adult Bible Studies. Classes take place Tuesday or Wednesday evenings beginning Sept. 21. For more on the Tuesday group, call Barbara Greig at 703-242-3511; for more on the Wednesday group, call Dave Gifford at 703-255-9366.
* ESL Teacher Orientation. People interested in helping someone learn English can attend this information session, Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 7 p.m.
* Young Artists' Recital. On Sunday, Sept. 17, at 8 p.m., Clayton Bender, Judie Lieu, Chase Maggiano, Rebecca Rattray, Jeremy Rissi and Maggie Vogan will perform orchestral music. There is a suggested donation of $10, or $25 per family.
"Holy Grounds" Coffee House. Vienna Baptist Church is sponsoring a community coffee house on Saturday, Sept. 10, from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Local musicians will perform music in a variety of styles, and coffee and other beverages and refreshments will be served in a cafe atmosphere. Free. Vienna Baptist is located at 541 Marshall Road, Vienna. www.vbc-va.org for more info, or call 703-281-4400.
The New Union Baptist Church, located at 205 Pleasant St., Vienna, offers Sunday School at 9:30 a.m., Worship service at 11 a.m., and Communion each second Sunday at 11 a.m. The church presents a Homecoming, Sunday, Sept. 11. Services will be at 11 a.m., a meal will be served at 2 p.m., and the Rev. Keith Savage from First Baptist Church in Manassas will speak at 3:30 p.m. All are invited to attend. For more, call 703-281-2556.
Epiphany United Methodist Church hosts a Block Party, Saturday, Sept. 10 from 4-7 p.m. Activities include food, music, a moonbounce, children's games, crafts and volleyball. The church is located at 1014 Country Club Drive, N.E., Vienna. For more, call 703-938-3494.
Oakton Church of the Brethren is hosting a quiet candlelight service of prayer, singing and meditation based on the Taize tradition on Sunday Sept. 11, at 7 p.m. Overcommitted, stressed people are especially welcome for this peaceful time of reflection and re-focusing. The church is located at 10025 Courthouse Road, Vienna. For more, call 703-281-4411 or visit www.oaktonbrethren.org.
Faith Baptist Church, located at 301 Center St. S., Vienna, offers Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. for all ages, 11 a.m. worship, and Bible Study on Sundays at 6 p.m. On Wednesdays at 7 p.m., The Awana children's club for children who are 4 years old through sixth-graders takes place during the school year. Nursery school is provided for all services. The preschool and kindergarten program uses the abeka curriculum and serves ages 3, 4 and 5. Visit the Web site at www.FaithBaptistVienna.org or e-mail FBCoffice@cavtel.net. Call the church at 703-938-9688.
Vienna Baptist Church offers numerous Christian worship, education, music and mission opportunities. Each Sunday begins with a high-energy VBPraise service at 8:45 a.m. Sunday school begins at 9:45 a.m., providing different programs to people of all ages. The traditional liturgical worship service takes place at 11 a.m. The church is located at 541 Marshall Road, Vienna. For more information, call 703-281-4400 or visit www.vbc-va.org.
Emmanuel Lutheran Church has a full range of education, music, worship and outreach programs. Traditional worship is at 8 and 11 a.m., in the Lutheran tradition of liturgical song mixed with music of the masters, spirituals and contemporary Christian music. Contemporary worship is at 9:30 a.m., with fresh liturgical song and contemporary Christian music led by Revelation. Christian education for all ages is 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.-noon.
Unity of Fairfax, located at 2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton, hosts the following events and services. For more information, call 703-281-1767 or visit www.unityoffairfax.org.
* A program using music, drumming, movement, song and prayer seeks to bring communities together as part of everyday life. The dances are cross-cultural using sacred phrases, chants, music and movements from many faith traditions. Efforts are to promote peace and integration within individuals and groups. There are no performers or audience and no experience is necessary. Donations are accepted. The group meets the second Saturday evening each month, September-June, 7:30-10 p.m. Contact Kathryn at 703-573-1236/ SpiralRose@aol.com. For more information on the worldwide Dance Net- work, visit www.DancesOfUniversalPeace.org.
St. Athanasius Lutheran Church sponsors the following Sunday services: Bible Class for adults and Sunday School for children begins at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10:15 a.m. Coffee, dessert and fellowship time follows. Midweek Bible Study takes place on Wednesdays, at 7:30 p.m., preceded by an open forum titled "Ask the Pastor" at 7 p.m. For more information, call 703-455-4003 or visit www.saint-athanasius.org. St. Athanasius is located at 114 Kingsley Road, S.W., Vienna.
Body & Soul is a high/low impact aerobic workout, kick boxing, strength training, Pilates all-in-one exercise session to the latest in contemporary Christian music. There are several area church locations from which to choose.
McLean Bible Church conducts classes on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 9:45-11:15 a.m. Call Mary Ward at 703-830-2478 for more information. Child care is offered. Classes are also offered on Wednesday evenings from 6:45-8:15 p.m. Contact Tricia Van Ryn at email@example.com. Emmanuel Lutheran Church offers a Fit over 50 version on Wednesday mornings from 9:15-10:30 a.m. The church is located at 2589 Chain Bridge Road. Call Lynn Mostellar at 703-698-8624.
Chabad at Tysons hosts Shabbat educational services at 1503 Lincoln Center Court, in the Club House of the Fountains of McLean, across from Freddie Mac. Saturday morning service starts at 9:30 a.m.; Torah discussion at 10:30 a.m., followed by a sit-down Kiddush. Thursday night features a Kabbalah class. Call 703-356-3451, or e-mail ChabadTysons@aol.com, for more information.