To have an item listed, mail to the Gazette-Packet, 1604 King St., Alexandria, VA 22314; fax to 703-917-0991 or e-mail to email@example.com. Deadline is Friday at noon for the following week’s paper. Photos and artwork encouraged. If you have any questions, call Marguerite Rogers at 703-917-6407.
St. Andrew and St. Margaret of Scotland Anglican Church, 402 E. Monroe Ave., invites the public to join them for Holy Week through the following services:
• March 20: Palm Sunday Services at 7:45, 9, and 11 a.m.
• March 22: Bible study at 10 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
• March 23: Holy Communion at noon
• March 24: Maundy Thursday Holy Communion & Stripping of the Altar at 7:30 p.m.
• March 25: Good Friday Veneration of the Cross & Reading of the Passion from 12-3 p.m. and Evensong & Holy Communion at 7:30 p.m. Call 703-683-3343.
The Mount Vernon Rotary Club will host the 28th annual Community Easter Sunrise Service, Sunday, March 27, at 7 a.m. in the Mount Vernon Estate Circle, Mount Vernon. All are welcome. The Rev. Byron Wilkinson, Sr., of Washington Farm United Methodist Church in Mount Vernon, will speak. Dan Doxzin, of St. Thomas a Becket Catholic Church in Reston, will provide the music.
Alexandria Presbyterian Church, 2405 Russell Road, invites the public to celebrate the Easter season through the following special services:
March 20: Palm Sunday Worship at 8:50 a.m.
March 24: Maundy Thursday Service at 7:30 p.m.
March 27: Easter Sunrise Service at 7:30 a.m. (at Market Square in Old Town), Easter Breakfast at 8:30 a.m., and Easter Sunday Worship at 10 a.m. Nursery care provided for all services. Call 703-683-3348 or visit www.alexandriapres.org.
All are invited to join Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, 6477 Lincolnia Road, for the Community Easter Worship Service at The Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, 6560 Braddock Road, Fairfax, on Sunday, March 27, at 10:30 a.m. Visit www.mtpleasantbc.org.
The Good News Baptist Church of Telegraph Road, invite the public to join them for their Sunrise Service on Sunday, March 27 at 6 a.m. at Riverside Park, on the Potomac River at Mount Vernon Parkway and Stratford Lane. Complimentary refreshments will be served at Riverside Park after the Sunrise Service. Call Jim Baker at 703-360-6847.
Harvest Church, 7401 Beulah Street, invites the public to join them in observation of Lent and Easter at the following services and events:
• March 25: Good Friday Service at 7 p.m.
• March 26: annual Community Easter Egg Hunt at 1 p.m. Children in 6 grade or younger are invited to participate. Free.
• March 27: Easter Sunday Early Service on the front lawn at 8 a.m. and a Resurrection Celebration Service at 10:30 a.m.
Mount Vernon United Methodist Church, 2006 Belle View Boulevard is offering the following services and events in observation of Lent and Easter:
• March 24: Holy Thursday Service at 7:30 p.m.
• March 25: Good Friday, the sanctuary will be open for prayer, from noon until 2:30 p.m.
• March 26: Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt. Free; Rain or shine. Call 703-765-1100.
• March 27: Easter Sunday Services at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m.
The Pastors and members of Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church, 2001 Sherwood Hall Lane, invite all to attend services during Holy Week. The services are:
• March 20: Palm Sunday Services 8:30 and 11 a.m.
• March 24: Maundy Thursday, a combined service with Calvary and Heritage Presbyterian, at 7:30 p.m.
• March 27: Easter Services at 8:30 and 11 a.m. All are cordially invited to have Easter breakfast in our Fellowship Hall between services.
Roberts Memorial United Methodist Church, Rev. Dr. Patricia A. Jones, Pastor, invites you to services in observation of Lent and Easter:
• March 20: Palm Sunday morning service at 606-A South Washington Street at 11 a.m. Call 703-836-7332.
• March 24: Joint Maundy Thursday service with Fairlington United Methodist Church at 7:30 p.m. at 3900 King Street. Call 703-671-8557.
• March 25: Joint Good Friday service with Fairlington United Methodist Church at 7:30 p.m. at 606-A South Washington Street. Call 703-836-7332.
• March 27: Easter Sunrise service and breakfast at 6 a.m. in Founder’s Park. Easter Mid-morning service at 11 a.m. at 606-A South Washington Street. Call 703-836-7332.
Baptist Temple Church, 700 Commonwealth Avenue, will hold a Good Friday Tenebrae Service on March 25 at 7:30 p.m. to commemorate Christ’s death on the cross. Call 703-548-8000, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.baptisttempleonline.org.
On March 27, there will be a Sunrise Service at the Woodlawn Plantation, 9000 Richmond Hwy. with Ventures In Community (VIC), an ecumenical coalition of Fairfax County churches and non-profit organizations. 5:45 a.m. Rain location: Good Shepherd Catholic Church, 8710 Mount Vernon Hwy.
There will be a Good Friday Tenebrae Service at the Mount Vernon Unitarian Church, 1909 Windmill Lane, on March 25, at 7:30 p.m. The service will be led by the Rev. Louis Schwebius. All are welcome. Call 703-765-5950, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.mvuc.org.
Everyone in the community is welcome to attend Holy Week services at Heritage Presbyterian Church, 8503 Fort Hunt Road; the services are as follows:
• March 20: Palm Sunday at 10:55 a.m.
• March 24: Maundy Thursday Service at 7:30 p.m. at Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church, 2001 Sherwood Hall Lane
• March 25: Good Friday Service at 7:30 p.m.
• March 27: Easter Sunday Resurrection Service at 9:30 a.m., followed by a "Resurrection" Easter egg hunt - children should bring their Easter baskets. Call 703-360-9546 or e-mail