Bistro Bistro, Live jazz and dance music by LaMont Mitchell & Friends, every Wednesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 4021 S. 28th St., Arlington. 703-379-0300. No cover. No minimum.
Clarendon Ballroom, 3185 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, 703-469-2244.www.clarendonballroom.com.
Tom Koerner and Debra Sternberg offer swing dancing every Tuesday from 9-11 p.m. Cost is $10. Call 703-359-9882.
Clarendon Grill, 1101 N. Highland St., Arlington, 703-524-7455. www.cgrill.com. Party D.C. events every Wednesday. Live dance music from 9:30-12:30 a.m., plus micro brews, specials and more. No cover charge. Mondays are Salsa night, with free dance lessons and salsa music. Tuesdays are Poker Night, with free Texas Hold-'Em tourneys. During football season, the NFL Sunday Ticket is every Sunday.
* Oct. 19, FlashBack (Acoustic Trio)
* Oct. 20, Emmet Swimming (Regional Favorite) with 'Marwood' as the opener
* Oct. 21, Chorduroy (Modern Rock Cover Band)
* Oct. 22, DJ Foster (Hip Hop/Dance Music)
* Oct. 23, NFL Sunday Ticket
* Oct. 24, Salsa Night (Free Dance Lessons & Salsa Music)
* Oct. 25, Poker Night (Free Texas Hold-Em Tourneys)
* Oct. 26, Lloyd Dobler Effect Acoustic
* Oct. 27, DJ 2 Nutz (Hip Hop/Dance Music)
* Oct. 28, LRS (Rock & Roll Cover Band)
* Oct. 29, Toxic Mouse (Tribute to the Hair Metal Bands)
* Oct. 30, NFL Sunday Ticket
* Oct. 31, Salsa Night (free dance lessons and salsa music)
Cowboy Cafe North, 4792 Lee Highway, Arlington, 703-243-8010.
Dr. Dremo’s Taphouse, 2001 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, 703-528-4660. Sunday-Wednesday, 5 p.m.-midnight. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 5 p.m.-2 a.m. www.drdremo.com. Open mic comedy every Wednesday 8-10 p.m.
Extra Virgin, Live jazz and dance music by LaMont Mitchell & Friends, every Thursday from 7-10 p.m. at 4053 S. 28th St, Arlington, 703-998-8474
Freddie’s Beach Bar and Restaurant, 555 S. 23rd St., 703-685-0555. Comedy show on Monday nights starting at 8 p.m. Karaoke on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 9. Sunday champagne brunch 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Drag shows on Sunday nights starting at 9.
Galaxy Hut, 2711 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, 703-525-8646. Live music Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights. No cover charge. Shows begin at 9:45 p.m. www.galaxyhut.com.
IOTA Club & Café, 2832 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, 703-522-8340. www.iotaclubandcafe.com. Open mike nights every Wednesday at 9:30 p.m., free. Upcoming events include:
Ireland’s Four Courts, 2051 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, 703-525-3600. www.irelandsfourcourts.com. Live music Tuesday through Saturday, 9 p.m.
Joseph’s Restaurant, 2403 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, 703-524-2722.
Matsutake Steak & Sushi, 4121 Wilson Blvd., Arlington. 703-351-8787. Live jazz and dance music Fridays, 8-11 p.m. by LaMont Mitchell & Friends. No cover. No minimum.
Pica Deli Gourmet & Wines, 471 N. Washington Blvd., Arlington. 703-524-5656. Live music Thursdays, 5:30-9 p.m. www.picadeligourmet.com.
Rhodeside Grill, 1836 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, 703-243-0145. Open mike night every Thursday. Shows start 9:30 p.m. All shows 21 and over. Usually $5 cover. www.rhodesidegrill.com.
Rock Bottom, 4238 Wilson Blvd., Suite 1256 inside the Ballston Common Mall, 703-516-7688, www.rockbottom.com.
Upcoming events include:
Sala Thai, 2900 N. 10th St., Arlington, 703-465-2900. Live bands Friday and Saturday from 8-11 p.m.
Sine Irish Pub & Restaurant, 1301 S. Joyce St., Arlington, 703-415-4420. Live jazz and dance music Saturdays, 8-11 p.m. by LaMont Mitchell & Friends. No cover. No minimum.
SoBe Seafood Co., 3100 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, 703-528-0033, www.sobeseafood.com. Outdoor bar, food and drink specials, a DJ and open-air dancing every Saturday night. DJ starts at 10 p.m. No cover charge. Flip-flops welcome. Live music Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
State Theatre, 220 Lee Highway, Falls Church, 703-237-0300. Visit www.thestatetheatre.com. Monday-night football on a 24-foot screen every Monday.
Upcoming events include:
* Friday, Oct. 21: Steve Kimock Band with Rodney Holmes, Reed Mathis, Robert Walter, jam rock.
* Saturday, Oct. 22: Yonder Mountain String Band, slamgrass jam band.
* Sunday, Oct. 23: Sunday Skins Football, San Francisco vs. Washington. Doors open at noon; kick-off at 1 p.m.
* Monday, Oct. 23: Monday Night Football, N.Y. Jets vs. Atlanta. Doors open at 7 p.m., kickoff at 9 p.m.
* Wednesday, Oct. 26: Buckethead — electronic avant-garde.
* Thursday, Oct. 27: "Hell or High Water: A Fund-raiser for Gulf Coast Musicians Displaced by Hurricane Katrina." Chuck Brown, The Nighthawks, The Grandsons, Tom Principato Band, Big Joe & the Dynaflows, Tommy Lepson Band, Rhodes Tavern Troubadours, The Junkyard Saints, Chopteeth, Tribute to the Band.
* Friday, Oct. 28: The Legwarmers, retro 80s dance party.
* Saturday, Oct. 29: Party D.C. — Fright Night Halloween Bash with The Reflex and Flashback, dance bands. Best costume cash prize.
* Sunday, Oct. 30: Sunday Skins Football: Washington vs. N.Y. Giants. Doors open at noon; kick-off at 1 p.m.
* Monday, Oct. 3: Monday Night Football, Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh. Doors open at 7 p.m., kickoff at 9 p.m.
Tutto Bene Italian Restaurant, hosts occasional opera nights, 501 N. Randolph St., Arlington, 703-522-1005.
Whitlow’s on Wilson, 2854 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, 703-276-9693. $4 or $5 on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Performances from 9:30 p.m.-1 a.m. unless otherwise specified. www.whitlows.com.
Upcoming shows include:
* Friday Oct. 21. The Reflex perform. A portion of every person's door charge goes directly to three families who lost their homes in Hurricane Katrina.
* Saturday Oct. 29.Halloween Party with 8 Track Jones. The costume contest awards $100 for first prize, $50 for second prize.