Annual Dinner. Cranford United Methodist Women annual Ham and Oyster dinner is Saturday, March 25, from 4-7 p.m. at Cranford United Church, 9912 Old Colchester Road, Lorton. Take out dinners available.
Members of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax will install the Rev. Mary Katherine Morn as their Minister for Worship in a service of installation on Sunday, March 19, at 4 p.m. at 2709 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton. A reception will immediately follow. Visit http://www.uua.org.
Sydenstricker United Methodist Church, located at 8508 Hoes Road in Springfield, presents GriefShare each Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Agape House. It is a seminar and support group for people grieving the loss of someone close. Call Kathy at 703-451-9021.
The following is a list of various events taking place at Mount Calvary Baptist Church, 4325 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax: Bible study and Prayer Service every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m. Sunday School at 9:30-10:45 a.m., except for the fourth Sunday of the month, when Sunday School is offered 9-10 a.m. Sunday morning service at 11 a.m. Commonwealth Care Center ministry every first and third Thursday night. Call 703-273-1455.
Fairfax Christian Church, located at 10185 Main St. in Fairfax, presents a class that explores traditional Christian spiritual practices of meditation and healing, on Sundays from 5:30-7 p.m. To register, call 703-385-3520 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Body and Soul aerobics and strength training classes meet every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9-10:30 a.m., at Burke Community Church, 9990 Old Keene Mill Road. Body and Soul is a complete cardiovascular and strength workout to contemporary Christian music. For more information contact Suzann Albanese at 703-372-2332.
Ecumenical Community Helping Others (ECHO) is selling the 2006 Entertainment coupon books. The books are $25. Of that amount, $7.25 goes directly to ECHO. Books are available now and may be used immediately and through Nov. 1, 2006. Coupon books can be picked up at ECHO at 7205 Old Keene Mill Road, Springfield. Call 703-569-9160 or 703-451-7955.
Clifton Presbyterian Church, located at 12748 Richards Lane in Clifton, offers Sunday worship services at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Call 703-830-3175.
St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church, located at 6720 Union Mill Road in Clifton, conducts Sunday masses at 7:30 a.m., 8:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. It also offers a Saturday vigil at 5:30 p.m., and a Wednesday Latin mass at 7 p.m. Call 703-817-1770 or visit www.st-andrew.org.
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 8304 Old Keene Mill Road, Springfield, offers casual worship services on Saturday evenings at 5:30 p.m. featuring contemporary music.
More traditional services take place on Sunday mornings at 8:15 and 11 a.m. Sunday School is at 9:45-10:45 a.m. for your children. The church also offers discussion groups for adults. Call 703-451-5855.
The Jubilee Christian Center hosts a free English class at 9:30 a.m., for speakers of other languages as a special Sunday School Class, at the center, 4650 Shirley Gate Road, Fairfax. Call 703-383-1170.
Kirkwood Presbyterian Church, located at 8336 Carrleigh Parkway in Springfield, supports a Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) program on the first Wednesday of each month. Meetings are 9:30-11 a.m., at the church. All mothers and children are welcome. The program provides mothers an opportunity to get to know other mothers through discussions and craft activities. The children will be cared for by adults in the MOPPET program. Cost is $3 per session. Register by stopping by the church, calling 703-451-5320.
Church of the Nativity offers a free general bereavement support group open to all adults on the first and third Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. The church is located at 6400 Nativity Lane, Burke. Call 703-455-2400, ext. 17.
The Spiritual Parenting support group meets the first Sunday of every month, noon-1 p.m., at Washington Irving Middle School in Springfield. For more information, visit www.NewWorldUnity.org or call 703-690-7925. Child care is available on request.
Burke Community Church offers a weekly group for men called Men's Fraternity to help discover authentic manhood as directed through the Word of God. Tuesdays, 6 a.m., at 9900 Old Keene Mill Road, Springfield.
Divorce Care is a weekly Bible Study care group that helps those who are transitioning through a divorce. The group meets every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., in the church parlor at First Baptist Church of Springfield, 7300 Gary St., Springfield. Child care and children's activities are provided. Call 703-451-1500.
Metropolitan Community Church of Northern Virginia, located at 10383 Democracy Lane in Fairfax, presents worship services on Sundays, at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., and choir practice (open to all) on Tuesdays, at 7:15 p.m. Visit www.mccnova.com or call 703-691-0930.
Burke Presbyterian Church, located at 5690 Oak Leather Drive, Burke, offers the following programs and services.
* Coffeehouse Worship Service on Saturdays at 5:30 p.m., for those people who may be unavailable Sunday mornings or are seeking a break from a more traditional style of worship. The service offers the same lesson and sermon as the Sunday service, but in a less formal environment. A nursery is provided for young children. Burke Presbyterian Church is located at 5690 Oak Leather Drive in Burke.
Arabic Bible Baptist Church is located at 5424 Ox Road in Fairfax Station. Pastor: Tony Ghareeb. Call 703-273-5599 or e-mail to Tghareeb@wmconnect.com.
The Messiah United Methodist Church sponsors the following events/services. The church is located at 6215 Rolling Road, Springfield. For more, call 703-569-9862.
* Sunday Services. Traditional Sunday morning worship services: 8:15 a.m., with Holy Communion every Sunday; 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m., Holy Communion on the first Sunday; and Heartline, a contemporary praise and worship service, Sunday evenings at 7:15 p.m.
* Prayer at Messiah. Messiah offers the following prayer ministries: Sunday Morning Prayers, 7:15 a.m. in the Chapel; Tuesday Evening Prayer, 7:30 p.m. in the Chapel and Wednesday Prayer Group, 6 a.m. in the Chapel.
* Singles Sunday School, each Sunday, at 10:45 a.m., in Room 266.
* "Just Me and the Kids," an eight-week support program for single-parent families who have suffered loss from divorce, separation or death, meets Wednesdays through March 15, from 6:30-8 p.m. Call 703-569-9862, Ext. 213.
* "Making Love Last a Lifetime," runs for eight weeks. Series focuses on love, marriage and sex. For singles and married couples.
* Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper. Tuesday, Feb. 28. 5:30-7:30 p.m. Celebrate Shrove Tuesday in a traditional way and have the best pancakes in Fairfax County.
* Ash Wednesday Services. Wednesday, March 1. Children's service 6 p.m.
* Ash Wednesday Service 7:30 p.m.
Kabbalah Course. Take a course in Kabbalah for eight Monday nights, at Chabad Community Campus, 3939 Prince William Drive, Fairfax. Call 703-426-1980 or visit www.chabadva.org. No prerequisitives required. Open to everyone.
The Fairfax Church of Christ sponsors a 16-week Divorce Recovery support group, meeting every Monday at 7 p.m., at the church. Call 703-631-2100 or visit www.fxcc.org. The Fairfax Church of Christ is located at 3901 Rugby Road, Fairfax.
Sydenstricker United Methodist Church, located at 8508 Hooes Road in Springfield, presents the following classes. Visit www.sumcdisciples.org or call 703-451-8223.
* "Making Love Last a Lifetime," begins Sunday, Jan. 8 and runs for eight weeks. Series focuses on love, marriage and sex. For singles and married couples.
* Alpha Course, begins Sunday, Jan. 22, from 6-8 p.m., with the film "Christianity: Boring, Untrue and Irrelevant?" The course lasts 11 weeks and is free. Call Diane at 703-455-8477.
Bible study at 7 p.m., at Silverbrook United Methodist Church, 8616 Silverbrook Road, Lorton. E-mail email@example.com.
A new casual worship service with a praise band at 9:45 a.m., at Sydenstricker United Methodist Church, 8508 Hooes Road in Springfield. Visit www.sumcdisciples.org or call 703-451-8223.
Faith Communities In Action meets the first Wednesday of every other month, from 2-4 p.m., at the Fairfax County Government Center, Conference Rooms 2 and 3, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-324-3453.
Truro Church MOPS would like to invite all mothers of preschool aged children to join MOPS for relevant speakers, small group time with other moms and food. The group meets the second Thursday of every month, at Truro Church, located at 10520 Main St., Fairfax, in the church fellowship hall on the lower level. For more, call Amanda Qreitem at 703-222-2332 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Fairfax Church of Christ presents "Dynamic Marriage," an eight-week seminar designed to fine-tune good marriages, strengthen weak marriages and heal broken marriages. The seminar is on Sundays through March 26, at 5 p.m., at 3901 Rugby Road, Fairfax. The cost is $155 per couple, advanced registration required. Call 703-631-2100 or visit www.fxcc.org.