* Councilmember Michael F. Anton is serving his first term on the Clifton Town Council. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1991 and an M.B.A, from The George Washington University in 2001. He is married to Claudia Bessey Anton and they have three children.
* Councilmember Lane G. Johnston is serving her first term on the Clifton Town Council. She has lived in Fairfax County since 1972 and in Clifton since 1983. Previously, Johnston was a member of the Clifton Planning Commission, and was editor of the town newsletter for four years. Johnston is a flower designer and graduated with a B.A. from the University of Missouri School of Journalism in 1968. She has one son.
* Councilmember Patrick J. Layden first served as a Clifton Town Coucilmember from 1974-79, then returned to the council from 1984-1990, and again in 2004. Layden moved to Clifton along with his wife Jean in 1969. Previously, he served on the Town Board of Zoning Appeals and the Town Planning Commission. After graduating from Columbia Technical Institute, Layden received his master certificate in project management from George Washington University. He recently retired from Verizon as the disaster coordinator for the Verizon Domestic/International Long Distance Network. Layden and his wife have two children.
* Councilmember Wayne H. Nickum served as a member of the Clifton Town Council from 1974-82, was mayor of Clifton from 1982-92 and has again been serving as a town council member intermittently since 1992. Nickum also served as a member of the Clifton Betterment Association from 1972 to the present, the Friends of the Fairfax Station, Inc., and on the Northern Virginia Cigarette Tax Board. He is a tax auditor for the D.C. government and received his B.A. from Columbia Union College. Nickum and his wife, Donna, have two sons.
* Mayor Thomas C. Peterson is serving his first term as mayor, having been elected in May 2006. He had served one term on the Clifton Town Council. He previously served as vice president of the Clifton Betterment Association. Peterson recently retired from a teaching position at Robinson Secondary, where he was also the baseball and basketball coach. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from George mason University. He is married and has three children.
* Councilmember C.M. “Chuck” Rusnak is returning for his second term as a Clifton Town Councilmember. Rusnak has lived in Clifton for 26 years and previously participated in several community activities as well as volunteering during Clifton Days. Rusnak graduated from the University of Omaha with a bachelor’s degree, and works as a computer network engineer. He has been married to his wife, Helen, for 41 years and has twin sons and two grandchildren.