BNI Northern Virginia is hosting a "Coffee, Tea, You & Me" networking session on Friday, July 6, from 3-5 p.m. at the Border Cafe in Centreville. This week's special topic is "Creating Profitable 1-on-1's With Your Team!" Use one-on-ones for real business growth opportunities. The Border Cafe is at 5825 Trinity Parkway, Centreville. Call 703-201-4267.
The incoming chairman of the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce will be the first Hispanic to chair a traditional chamber of commerce in the history of Virginia. Raul Danny Vargas, president of VARCom Solutions (a marketing and public relations consulting firm), will be installed as chairman on July 11. As a member of the board of directors, he has acted as the organization's VP of marketing, chairman of the communications committee, and one of the founding members of their Hispanic Business Council.
Business owners and operators, security managers and managers/ leaders of nonprofit and faith-based organizations are encouraged to attend the Fairfax County Business Preparedness Summit, to be held on Friday, July 20, at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax. The half-day morning summit will provide an opportunity to learn how the county operates during an emergency, as well as offer specific workshops on business preparedness/COOP and emergency communications, and an opportunity to tour the county’s emergency operations center and learn how the business/nonprofit community can partner with the county during an emergency. Call 703-324-3187, TTY 711. Register online at: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/bizprep.htm
Events Sponsored by the Chantilly-Centreville Chamber of Commerce. RSVP online, www.dullesregionalchamber.org, by email: email@example.com, or by phone: 571-323-5304.
* Friday Night Live! — Friday, July 6, 6:30-10:30 p.m. Outdoor rock concert series on the green behind Municipal Center on Lynn Street. Runs through August. Free Admission. Family friendly. Go to www.HerndonRocks.com. Hotline is 703-481-6133.
* Chairman's Luncheon — Membership Annual Meeting. Featuring a presentation by Virginia Attorney General Robert F. McDonnell. Wednesday, July 11 from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2200 Centreville Rd., Herndon. Meet the leadership of the Dulles Regional Chamber as well as business and community leaders. The 2007-08 officers and members of the Chamber Board will be introduced. Fees: $40 for members; $50 non-members. Pre-registration is required.
* Brown Bag Luncheon — Friday, July 13, noon-1 p.m., at Dulles Regional Chamber's Chantilly office, 3901 Centerview Drive, Suite R. Discussion follows introduction of a topic (TBA) by a business coach from ActionCOACH. Bring your own lunch.
* Friday Night Live! — Friday, July 13, 6:30-10:30 p.m. Outdoor rock concert series on the green behind Municipal Center on Lynn Street. Runs through August. Free Admission. Family friendly. Go to www.HerndonRocks.com. Hotline is 703-481-6133.
* Power Networking Breakfast — Thursday, July 26, 8-9:30 am, at Holiday Inn Select-Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly Shopping Center Dr., Chantilly. Connect face to face with potential customers or allies via several rounds of organized networking right after a hot breakfast. Fees: $25 in advance or $30 at door for members; $35 nonmembers.
TriVision Studios Inc., formerly of Burke, has moved to a new, larger space — a fully-equipped 12,000 square foot design and production studio in Chantilly — and has significantly expanded its services as well.
“Over the past 15 years, we have witnessed the growing need and interest in Northern Virginia for true full-service marketing and communications services,” says Sulaiman Lutfi, executive director.
TriVision Studios provides its business customers with marketing, advertising, and Web site services that range from planning and branding to copy writing, design and printing; as well as global media services that include video production, still photography, webcasting, and international broadcasting. TriVision also provides services for entertainers, local clubs and businesses such as special event production and promotion, concert promotions, sports events, and photography and video services.
Case of Chantilly will serve as a corporate sponsor for the annual Ryan McLaughlin Memorial Golf Tournament on Sunday, Sept. 16 at Pleasant Valley Golfer’s Club. Created in 2000, the tournament is held in memory of Ryan McLaughlin, an eighth-grader who lost his battle against leukemia in 1999. The proceeds of the tournament will be donated to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (through the Young Hearts "Light the Night" Team) in support of its mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma and other blood cancers. Case has participated as a tournament sponsor since 2005. For information on Case Design/Remodeling, Inc., visit www.casedesign.com or call 800-513-2250.