This week Chantilly High School and the Chantilly Academy took 15 DECA members to Orlando, Fla., for the International Career Development Conference. More than 13,000 DECA members were in attendance from the United States, Canada, Germany, Guam and Puerto Rico. Below is a list of the students that attended and the honors earned:
* Leanne Williams, enrolled in Hospitality Management, competed in the Hotel and Lodging Series Event and finished as a Top 10 finalist. To put this in perspective, Leanne finished in the top 1 percent in the world in her event — a tremendous accomplishment.
* Greg Kodish, enrolled in Advanced Marketing, competed in the Automotive Services Event and finished as a Top 20 finalist. To put this in perspective, Greg finished in the top 2 percent in the world in his event.
* Elise Quinnette and Stephanie Jabaley, both enrolled in Hospitality Management, competed in the Hospitality Marketing Management Team Decision Making event and finished as Top 20 finalists. Again, this is in the top 2 percent in the world.
* Kevin Keller, enrolled in Marketing 1, competed in the Business Services Marketing Event.
* Wayne Jiang, enrolled in Hospitality Management, competed in the Hotel and Lodging Series Event.
* Emily Justice, enrolled in Marketing, and Nicole Imhof, enrolled in Fashion Marketing, competed in the Business Law and Ethics Management Team Decision Making Event.
* Skylar Korby and Ava Ataee, both enrolled in Fashion Marketing, competed in the Financial Analysis Management Team Decision Making Event.
* Mark Brannock, Sean Idol, and Callie McGee, all enrolled in Advanced Sports & Entertainment Marketing, competed in the Learn and Earn Project.
* Kat De Boeck, enrolled in Advanced Marketing, participated in the Senior Management Institute where she networked with executives from DECA's National Advisory Board.
* Julie Fraumeni, enrolled in Marketing 1, participated in the Leadership Development Academy and also served as a voting delegate where she helped elect the new DECA, Inc. officers.
The Chantilly High School DECA Chapter was recognized on stage for outstanding membership growth and participation in DECA events throughout the school year.
Chantilly High's L. Shane Thomas is the school's Marketing Teacher-Coordinator and DECA sponsor.