Send ongoing events, which are open to the public at no or minimal cost, to The Loudoun Connection, 7913 Westpark Drive, McLean, VA 22102 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Friday, two weeks before the event. Photos/artwork encouraged. For more information, call 703-917-6454.
The Loudoun Museum, 16 Loudoun St., S.W., Leesburg, celebrates the 250th anniversary of the founding of Leesburg in 1758 with its new exhibition, Leesburg: Crossroads of Tradition and Transition. Explore the history of Leesburg through a selection objects, photographs, postcards, and maps. The exhibition will be on view from Sept. 5-May 2009. The museum is open Mondays and Wednesdays-Saturdays, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sundays, from 1-5 p.m. Call 703-777-7427.
Cole Bros. Circus, Sept. 4-7, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m., Community Church, 19790 Ashburn Road, Ashburn. Includes acrobats, denizens of clown alley, daredevil aerial artists, educated animal performers. Visit the Web site, http://www.colebroscircus.com, for ticket information or call 386-736-0071.
Teen Reading Buddies Story Time, Mondays, Sept. 8-Oct. 27, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Ashburn Library, 43316 Hay Road, Ashburn. One-on-one reading time for children as they buddy up with teen volunteers who will read picture books to them. Recommended for ages 3-6. Closed Sept. 15 and Oct. 13.
Big Apple Circus, Sept. 25-Oct. 13, at Dulles Town Center, intersection of routes 7 and 28, Dulles. Performance times vary. This circus features one ring with no seat more than 50 feet away. This year's show features acrobatic ballerinas, trapeze artists, the world's fastest fashion show, stylish Italian dogs and much more. Cost: $18-$52 per person. Call 703-828-9014 or visit http://www.bigapplecircus.org.
The Sterling Community Center, 120 Enterprise St., offers falls concerts the first and third Fridays and second and fourth Saturdays of each month. No concert Oct. 11. All ages. Call 703-430-9480 for schedule.
Leesburg Farmers Market, Saturdays, 8 a.m.-noon, at Virginia Village Shopping Center on Catoctin Circle, S.E., Leesburg. Runs from May 3-Oct. 25. Visit www.loudounfarmersmarkets.org/Leesburg.
Cascades Farmers Market, Sundays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., at The Senior Center at Cascades Marketplace, 21060 Whitfield Place, Potomac Falls. Runs from May 4-Oct. 26. Visit www.loudounfarmersmarkets.org/Cascades.
Ashburn Farmers Market, Saturdays, 8 a.m.-noon, at 43480 Yukon Drive, Kaiser Permanente parking lot at Ryan Park Shopping Center. Runs from June 7-Oct. 25. Visit www.loudounfarmersmarkets.org/Ashburn.
Sterling Library, 120 Enterprise St, Sterling, continuing children's story times. 703-430-9500.
* Mother Goose Story Time, 18-24 months, Wednesday, 11:15 a.m.
* Preschool Story Time, 3-5 years, Fridays, 11 a.m.
* Family Story Times, 3-10 years, Saturdays, 11 a.m.
Ashburn Library, 43316 Hay Road, Ashburn, continuing children's story times. 703-737-8100.
* Baby Lapsit, 0-18 months, Mondays, 10 a.m. and Saturdays, 11 a.m.
* Mother Goose Nursery Time, 18-24 months, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m.
* Terrific 2s, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:45 a.m.
* Preschool Story Time, 3-5 years, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.
* Wonderful Wednesday Stories, 3-5 years, Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m.
* Pajama Story Time, 3-5 years, Wednesdays, 7 p.m.
* Saturday Family Story Time, 2-5 years. Saturdays, 10 a.m.
Cascades Library, 21030 Whitfield Place, Sterling, continuing children's story times. 703-444-3228.
* Lapsits for 2s, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. and Wednesdays, 11:15 a.m.
* Baby Lapsit, 0-18 months, Tuesdays and Saturdays, 11:15 a.m.
* Pajama Story Time, 2-5 years, Tuesdays, 7 p.m.
* Story Time for 3s, 4s and 5s, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m.
* Mother Goose Nursery Time, 18-24 months, Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.
* Terrific 3s, Thursdays, 11:15 a.m.
* Saturday Family Story Time, 2-6 years, Saturdays, 10:30 a.m.
Leesburg Farmers Winter Market, Saturdays, 9 a.m.-noon, at Virginia Village Shopping Center on Catoctin Circle, S.E., Leesburg. Runs from Nov. 3-April 26. Visit www.loudounfarmersmarkets.org/Winter.