July 4th Parades in Arlington
Looking for a good, old-fashioned, neighborhood July 4th parade? Come over to Arlington and enjoy one of our many community parades.
* Albemarle Street — 9 a.m.; starts at 32nd and Albemarle Streets.
* Barcroft Neighborhood — 10 a.m.; starts at the historic Barcroft Community Center at 8th Street S. and S. Buchanan Street.
* Bellevue Forest — 9 a.m.; starts at Roberts Lane and Oxford Street.
* Douglas Park — 10:30 a.m.; starts at S. Monroe Street and 14th Street S.
* Dover Crystal and Riverwood — 10 a.m.; starts at 25th and Pollard Streets.
* Fairlington Village — 10 a.m.; S. 31st Street and S. Abingdon Streets.
* Lyon Village — 11 a.m.; starts at Key Boulevard and Highland Street.
Views of Fireworks from Arlington
Popular spots in Arlington to watch the national display are the Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) , and areas along the Virginia side of the Potomac River that can be reached from George Washington Memorial Park
If you plan to watch the fireworks from Iwo Jima, take Metro’s Orange line to the Rosslyn Metro station. Approximate walking distance from Rosslyn Metro to Iwo Jima is 0.2 mile.
To reach the George Washington Memorial Parkway’s Gravely Point parking lot, head south on the Parkway until you reach Reagan National Airport. At the airport, circle back to head north onto the Parkway towards the 14th Street Bridge. About a quarter of mile before the bridge, turn right into the parking area. No glass bottles, alcohol or fireworks are allowed at the Gravely Point parking lot or anywhere along the Parkway.
Another place people can go to watch the fireworks is Gateway Park in Rosslyn and the Key Bridge, which crosses the Potomac River between Georgetown and Arlington. Take Metro’s Orange line to the Rosslyn Metro station. Get there early to grab a spot at the bridge. There's no seating at the bridge, and you can stand on the sidewalks only.
A great place to watch fireworks is from the Air Force Memorial , located on a hill on Columbia Pike. You can enjoy a free concert by the Air Force Band, beginning at 8 p.m. Closest Metro stations are Pentagon and Pentagon City. You can park at Navy Annex parking lots (enter from Joyce Street or Columbia Pike) or park at Pentagon Mall; be sure to be parked no later than 7:30 p.m.